College Picks.....

I was waiting for your response to that. here is my logic.
1.) this team was hyped more then almost every team in the country. From the end of last season until a few weeks ago, Georgia was hailed as the best team in the land. That stigma is hard to live up too
2.) Injuries. Currently 14 players injured/suspended. of those 11 are out for the year. I'm sure you know better then I the players on that list that will actually be missed.
3.) South Carolina game. SC is a decent team, but to only win by a TD is rough
4.) Lack of dominating victories. With the exception of the first two cupcakes, Georgia hasn't had a solid victory
5.) Tennessee game was UGLY. Tennessee is like an ACC team. This should have never been close. I kept thinking GA was going to walk away from them, but it never happened.

This will probably piss most everyone off who likes the SEC, but I personally think the Big 12 is a better/equal conference to the SEC. If I were a coach I would rather challenge GA, 'Bama, LSU, Auburn or Florida as opposed to OU, Texas, Mizzou, or possibly Texas Tech. Please don't shoot me!
1. We did get a lot of hype at the end of the year and over the summer, but it all went away after USC went on the road and beat Virginia. At the end of last year, we could have beat anyone, anywhere. We deserved the hype at the end of the year last season.

2. As for the injuries and suspensions. Nobody is suspended. The two that were have been kicked off the team. Everyone knew that would happen, but they didn't know when it would happen. The injuries are up there, but I don't know about 14. Trinton Sturdivant, Vince Vance, Mike Washington and Jeff Owens are the big injuries (out for the year). Everyone else is fine and will play this week except for Chris Durham (6th string WR) and Tripp Chandler (the guy who can't catch to save his life).

3. South Carolina game is always close in this series. Go look at all the past game. I don't know why, put these teams always play a physical, low scoring game.

4. Coach Richt will never try to blow someone out. He says it over and over again. Once he gets the lead he goes into his "preserve the lead" mode. :doh:

5. The Tennessee game wasn't even close. We dominated every aspect of the game. Game could have easily been 40-14 (or less), but the refs blew a few calls. One on the defensive holding in the end zone. It should have been 1st down, but they kept it 3rd down. We had to kick a field goal.

The Big 12 doesn't know how to play defense.

Also, Tennessee had the #5 ranked defense in the country coming into the Georgia game. Georgia put up over 450 yards of offense on them and held the ball for 3/4 of the game.

not only do you have a better defense then Miss St. you have better players all around. Comparing GA and Miss St. isn't fair. The caliber guys that go to GA are on a whole different level then Miss. St. The fact that Miss St. beat Vandy showed quite a bit. Vandy was obviously overrated as well.
I was just comparing what Miss. St. did to Vandy to what we SHOULD be capable of doing.

see bold
1. We did get a lot of hype at the end of the year and over the summer, but it all went away after USC went on the road and beat Virginia. At the end of last year, we could have beat anyone, anywhere. We deserved the hype at the end of the year last season.Totally agree about the end of last year. Totally disagree on the hype disappearing after USC/Virgina beat down. At that point Georgia was still supposed to win the SEC (difficult task I know). With the talent coming back Georgia should have been ranked #1. but in my opinion (and after half the season) I think they are overrated. I think the same of 'bama. This weekend should be a good tell for both clubs.

2. As for the injuries and suspensions. Nobody is suspended. The two that were have been kicked off the team. Everyone knew that would happen, but they didn't know when it would happen. The injuries are up there, but I don't know about 14. Trinton Sturdivant, Vince Vance, Mike Washington and Jeff Owens are the big injuries (out for the year). Everyone else is fine and will play this week except for Chris Durham (6th string WR) and Tripp Chandler (the guy who can't catch to save his life). 4 big injuries totally can change the outlook of a team. how dominate would they be if they were all healthy?

3. South Carolina game is always close in this series. Go look at all the past game. I don't know why, put these teams always play a physical, low scoring game. Totally agree. In fact, I think LSU has a great chance of losing to them this weekend.

4. Coach Richt will never try to blow someone out. He says it over and over again. Once he gets the lead he goes into his "preserve the lead" mode. :doh: I agree that he doesn't try to blow teams out, but winning by 10 isn't convincing. Winning by 21 isn't really a blowout anymore. If they are truly to be thought of as a top 10 or top 5 team you would think they would have at least 1 convincing victory

5. The Tennessee game wasn't even close. We dominated every aspect of the game. Game could have easily been 40-14 (or less), but the refs blew a few calls. One on the defensive holding in the end zone. It should have been 1st down, but they kept it 3rd down. We had to kick a field goal. I watched the majority of the game. That is why I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop and Georgia to put it out of reach. that never happened. Regardless of Richt not wanting to blow them out, he never had that game in enough control to let his foot off the gas.

The Big 12 doesn't know how to play defense.Agreed, but I would put any of the ones I listed (except maybe Tech) up against the SEC teams I listed and expect the Big 12 team to come out on top.

As for UGA still being expected to win the SEC. At the SEC Media Day, EVERYONE picked Florida to win it. #1 team in the country (for one week), but picked to lose their conference. Explain that one to me. :roflmao:

We would probably be unstoppable if those 4 guys weren't injured, but to suggest that we are done because of that is crazy. UGA brings in top 10 recruiting classes every year. We can handle it.

As for UGA still being expected to win the SEC. At the SEC Media Day, EVERYONE picked Florida to win it. #1 team in the country (for one week), but picked to lose their conference. Explain that one to me. :roflmao:

We would probably be unstoppable if those 4 guys weren't injured, but to suggest that we are done because of that is crazy. UGA brings in top 10 recruiting classes every year. We can handle it.

whoa.....never said they were "done." they are still a great team. I just think the #1 ranking was high. I think preseason rankings are stupid and a waste of time. if anything the rankings hurt teams. ie. Clemson.
I just think Georgia really has to turn it on if they want to get close to the Georgia Dome in a few weeks.

whoa.....never said they were "done." they are still a great team. I just think the #1 ranking was high. I think preseason rankings are stupid and a waste of time. if anything the rankings hurt teams. ie. Clemson.
I just think Georgia really has to turn it on if they want to get close to the Georgia Dome in a few weeks.
The saying they were done wasn't towards you, but towards multiple media guys that have claimed it in the past week. :salut:

Texas Tech @ Texas A&M (Tech -21)

California @ Arizona (Cal -2)

What's your opinion in these two games?

Arizona still hasn't beaten anyone with a pulse, but is tough at home against ranked opponents. Cal can't decide on a QB. Texas Tech can score at will, but they didn't close out Nebraska very well last week.

Media guys are idiots! Well except when it comes to Kirk Herbstreit and his upset picks. dude is on fire!
He can pick some upsets, but that idiot got on Atlanta radio on Monday claiming that UGA was done pretty much. Said we had no OL and our defense was weak. Talked about how great Florida was.

:ban:

Texas Tech @ Texas A&M (Tech -21)

California @ Arizona (Cal -2)

What's your opinion in these two games?

Arizona still hasn't beaten anyone with a pulse, but is tough at home against ranked opponents. Cal can't decide on a QB. Texas Tech can score at will, but they didn't close out Nebraska very well last week.

HEY! Two games that I did take!

I got Tech at -20.5. I think last weekend was a fluke with Nebraska. A&M has struggled this year with mediocre teams. Take Tech and give up the points

Cal is coming on strong. Started the season a little sluggish, but I like them now. Earlier this year I lost a ton when they came out and played like crap. I'm back on the bandwagon. Take Cal and give up the points.

He can pick some upsets, but that idiot got on Atlanta radio on Monday claiming that UGA was done pretty much. Said we had no OL and our defense was weak. Talked about how great Florida was.

:ban:

yeah, I tend to not listen to much of what he says or what Corso says. Herby's upset picks are unreal. Something like 6-1 this year (he picked multiple games one week). Beyond that, the media and "experts" are a joke

yeah, I tend to not listen to much of what he says or what Corso says. Herby's upset picks are unreal. Something like 6-1 this year (he picked multiple games one week). Beyond that, the media and "experts" are a joke
I think he picked Miss St over Vandy too. :clap:

Back