Zeeck

I can't give you anything solid, but I think most are in agreement that he will be playing in the bigs at some point, whether he'll start there is still up in the air. As a player, he deserves to be there. He's by far outperforming Chris Getz who is supposed to be the starter.

But, fact of the matter is that Kenny Williams doesn't make any decisions without thinking about the financial ramifications. If he has Beckham start in the year in AAA, that means he'll get one more year out of him before he's arbitration eligible. Granted, if Beckham performs like he's been performing all Spring, he'll get paid and that won't be an issue, but I'm certain that this will factor into the decision as to whether or not he starts with the club come opening day. For my money he won't, but he'll be up not long afterwards.

I know I'm not Zeeck but Gordo will be playing 2B by late May IMO. Not to start the season though.

I agree, he continues to play this way throughout the rest of spring training and through AA or AAA, whichever it may be, he'll get called up simply because he'll be their best option at the position. He has far out-performed Nix, Betemit and Lillibridge

I agree, he continues to play this way throughout the rest of spring training and through AA or AAA, whichever it may be, he'll get called up simply because he'll be their best option at the position. He has far out-performed Nix, Betemit and Lillibridge
The white sox seem like the place for all the Braves rejects...

Chris Getz has caught fire recently, now batting somewhere around .380 for the spring, almost .100 higher than Beckham

Back