Zeeck, Illinois.....

GiantFan

Bench Warmer
They went from playing in the champ game against OSU to being the #1 seed in the NIT but playing AT the #8 seeded Stony Brook out of the America East Conference due to Cirque de Solei being at their home court. SBU's "arena" (gym) is TERRIBLE since they are renovating their arena. Should be funny to watch a big team come in and play there.

Haha, I was unaware of the renovations. I knew that the arena was tiny to begin with, but I don't see many alum traveling to Stony Brook for an NIT game anyway, so I guess it won't much matter. Gotta be good for Stony Brook, though, to have a home game televised by ESPN. I'm still trying to figure out what a Sea Wolf is.

Haha, I was unaware of the renovations. I knew that the arena was tiny to begin with, but I don't see many alum traveling to Stony Brook for an NIT game anyway, so I guess it won't much matter. Gotta be good for Stony Brook, though, to have a home game televised by ESPN. I'm still trying to figure out what a Sea Wolf is.
Yeah, it is tiny. Should be very good for Stony Brook to have the game at home. They won the regular season champ in the America East but lost in the tourney to BU. They have one really good player in El-Amin and two thugs in Tommy Brenton and Chris Martin. Both are dirty, loudmouth players who are hard to root for but I gotta root for my conference and SUNY school. Go water based wolfmen!

Looks like the game will take place in the arena. SBU spent $75K for "emergency" renovations to have the arena available for the game.

The NIT game will start at 9 p.m. and will be shown on ESPNU. It will be played at Stony Brook Arena, adjacent to Pritchard Gymnasium, the court on which the Seawolves were nearly unbeatable this season. Pritchard is too small for the postseason, though, so the university spent roughly $75,000 for emergency renovations on the arena, athletic director Jim Fiore said. He added that Stony Brook put in a bid to host an NIT game and heard at about 8:30 last night that the bid had been accepted.

Rob - Will you be attending the game and holding up a TCG sign ??? :pop:

I will not be attending. If this was Albany I would be but Stony Brook is not my team and not that close to me.

Looks like the game will take place in the arena. SBU spent $75K for "emergency" renovations to have the arena available for the game.

I will not be attending. If this was Albany I would be but Stony Brook is not my team and not that close to me.

You should go anyway and take pics for Brian. :salut:

Back