USPS money orders

I

indy_jones

Since I've always been the buyer and never the seller I have never had to deal with cashing USPS money orders.

I know you can take them to the PO and cash them but where else can you use them? Can you deposit them at your bank ATM like a normal check?

ALWAYS take them to the PO before shipping ANYTHING!! I know someone who got fake ones. The USPS can tell you if they are real or not so you do not get taken.

never had any problems with them yet ....kinda like getting mail and cashing the check all within 5 minutes

their just like any other check ....banks take them

Many have said I should take Paypal but I just don't know enough about them to do it.

I don't get the whole process. The money goes into your Paypal account but how do you get it out to your checking or case or whatever? Or does Paypal just become sort of a second checking account?

What is their cut? When do they get it? Do they just take it out of your payment?

Many have said I should take Paypal but I just don't know enough about them to do it.

I don't get the whole process. The money goes into your Paypal account but how do you get it out to your checking or case or whatever? Or does Paypal just become sort of a second checking account?

What is their cut? When do they get it? Do they just take it out of your payment?

Paypal takes .30 + (2.9% USA/Canada to 3.9% International) from buyers.
--
You can also create shipping labels on paypal which saves you a bit on delivery confirmation
--
As for money in your paypal account, you can leave it there and let it collect interest just like any bank account (currently at 4.61% which is WAY higher than a checking account and still better than most savings/money market account). In addition, you can use it to pay for purchases made on ebay and else where online.
--
Withdrawals:

1. Withdraw funds to your bank account takes 3-4 business days and is Free!
2. Request a check from PayPal takes 1-2 Weeks and cost$1.50
3. Get cash out of an ATM is instant and $1 per transaction

Hope that helps...Paypal is very secure (as long as you don't click any "fake" emails) and easy to use.

Back