The Gone But Not Forgotten Thread

Actor Dabney Coleman sits in a directors chair with his name on it

Emmy winner Dabney Coleman died Thursday afternoon. (Julie Markes / Associated Press)
Dabney Coleman, the beloved character actor who famously played the dastardly cad overseeing Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin and Dolly Parton in the movie "9 to 5," has died. He was 92.

Was one of my favorites!

Last edited by a moderator:
Brigadier General Bud Anderson passed in California on Friday at the age of 102. He was the last Triple Flying Ace from WWII, having shot down 3 enemy planes in a single aerial battle over Europe in June of 1944.

1000020049.jpg

Last edited:
Ivan Boesky, convicted of insider trading in the mid-1980s, sentenced to prison, and ordered to pay $100 million in fines, passed today at age 87.
1000020052.jpg

While Boesky may not be a household name in this generation, a very famous character based on his life remains in the 2 Wall Street movies!

1000020054.jpg

Gordon Gekko said "Greed is good" in the original Wall Street movie, which was modeled after an actual speech that Boesky gave in 1986!

Last edited:
Mark Wells passed at age 66 on May 17th, an Ace defenseman for the 1980 Team USA Miracle On Ice Gold Medal winners.
1000020092.jpg

Being from Wisconsin, Jim Otto was one of the players we idolized as kids in the 1960s. He embodied toughness in our eyes.
@bfd13

He was a TOUGH man, here's a great photo of him on the sidelines, battle scars on his helmet, ready to go back in the game with blood dripping off his hand. Always gave it his all!

1000020093.jpg

Last edited:
Roger Corman passed away earlier this month at age 98. (Pictured here with Vincent Price, a far greater actor than the movies he made with Corman showcased.)
1000020149.jpg
Not a household name by any means, but Corman directed and produced almost 500 movies over the years, every one of them schlock horror movies!
1000020145.jpg1000020146.jpg
1000020148.jpg1000020147.jpg

His budgets in the 60s when he was creating these low budget horror flicks for American International Pictures were epic compared to his video and direct to streaming later work in the 2010s and 2020s (Attack of the 50 Foot Cheerleader, CobraGator).

Corman had a penchant for working with classic movie actors at the end of their careers, working with Peter Lorre, Boris Karloff, Frank Gorshin, and many others, much like his predecessor Ed Wood with Bela Lugosi, giving his less than classic movies some name recognition and nostalgia.

He also launched the career of Jack Nicholson in the early 60s, now considered one of the all time great actors!

Richard Sherman (right) passed away yesterday at age 95. He and his brother Robert (left, with Debbie Reynolds) scored more motion pictures than any other duo in history, winning 2 Academy Awards for Mary Poppins in 1965.

1000000586.jpg

IMG_2334.jpeg Bill Walton passed away today….one of the best college basketball players of all time. A great, but injury-plagued, NBA career and one of the most entertaining color commentators of all time. Had the pleasure of hosting him for an event when I worked for Barnes and Noble when he was on a book tour. Super nice to each and every person in my break room and, as expected, telling some great stories. I like this beat up old RC card because it has probably traveled around and has some stories just like he did.

When I was a window clerk in the Hillcrest area of San Diego, I had the pleasure of waiting on Bill Walton, when he came in once to pick up.a package. His mailing address was on Upas.and I'd drive by his house on my way to the San Diego Zoo, after work.
My other claim to fame , was taking Dave Winfield's change of address, when he left the Padres to sign with the Yankees!

@AndyDrummond
@gwynn_fan

So cool that you both met Bill, he was a great Hall of Famer who I remember well as a Boston Celtic, winning the 1986 Championship as part of what both Larry Bird and Red Auerbach said was the best team they ever saw. Walton could play center and both forward positions, and while he was not a starter, he was a key contributor off the bench and played a ton of minutes for Larry, Kevin McHale, and Robert Parish. None of them ever got tired in a game, since Walton kept them fresh!
1000000648.jpg
1000000649.jpg

Back