The Alabama b-ball team is really turning the corner

bamasa37sb34

Bench Warmer
Last night, we absolutely mauled Ivy League powerhouse, Yale. Well, maybe "mauled" isn't quite the right word. We were only up by 1 with under a minute left, but we hung on by the tips of our fingernails for the win.

And Yale....ok, so they aren't quite a powerhouse. They did beat Holy Cross by 10 and Oregon State by 1. Not bad, right? Well, the losses to Wagner, Boston University, Sacred Heart, Portland, and Vermont sort of hurt their record. The closest any of those games were was a 6 point loss to a 3-6 Sacred Heart team.

Luckily, the SEC is so horrific in basketball this year we still have an outside shot at an 8-8 conference record and a trip to the NIT, which would be an improvement over last year :roll:

Last night, we absolutely mauled Ivy League powerhouse, Yale. Well, maybe "mauled" isn't quite the right word. We were only up by 1 with under a minute left, but we hung on by the tips of our fingernails for the win.

And Yale....ok, so they aren't quite a powerhouse. They did beat Holy Cross by 10 and Oregon State by 1. Not bad, right? Well, the losses to Wagner, Boston University, Sacred Heart, Portland, and Vermont sort of hurt their record. The closest any of those games were was a 6 point loss to a 3-6 Sacred Heart team.

Luckily, the SEC is so horrific in basketball this year we still have an outside shot at an 8-8 conference record and a trip to the NIT, which would be an improvement over last year :roll:
You can't lose to America East or NEC teams if you are in the SEC. Sorry.

UAlbany is in the America East. It's definitely on the rise and have spanked the NEC and done very well against the Ivys in non-conference play this season. UAlbany plays @ Kansas tomorrow night which will most likely be a 20+ point loss but I'll be watching on ESPNU.

You can't lose to America East or NEC teams if you are in the SEC. Sorry.

UAlbany is in the America East. It's definitely on the rise and have spanked the NEC and done very well against the Ivys in non-conference play this season. UAlbany plays @ Kansas tomorrow night which will most likely be a 20+ point loss but I'll be watching on ESPNU.

We didn't. We beat those little Ivy League geeks!!!! Our basketball team is a joke and the SEC is a train wreck basketball wise this year. Never, in my life, has it been this bad. Wouldn't be surprised if only 3 or so teams make the big dance this year.

We didn't. We beat those little Ivy League geeks!!!! Our basketball team is a joke and the SEC is a train wreck basketball wise this year. Never, in my life, has it been this bad. Wouldn't be surprised if only 3 or so teams make the big dance this year.
Yes beat the Ivys but lost to Wagner and Sacred Heart of the NEC and UVM and BU of the America East. That is bad for an SEC team. Pathetic actually. Hell, Wagner almost lost to NJIT who has a million game losing streak that is the longest in the country.

Yes beat the Ivys but lost to Wagner and Sacred Heart of the NEC and UVM and BU of the America East. That is bad for an SEC team. Pathetic actually. Hell, Wagner almost lost to NJIT who has a million game losing streak that is the longest in the country.

No, Yale lost to those schools yet we beat the doo doo out of Yale.

I thought that Bama played all those teams and I was wondering why they were playing so many northeast teams. :lollol:

No, we are playing bad teams and struggling, but winning (or, at times, losing.............). We lost to MFing Mercer earlier this year, and got beat by bad Oregon and Texas A&M teams. We suck balls soup.

Back