Suggestion

We used to have one, but those discussion threads typically get hijacked and nothing comes about from them. The best course for action is getting a mods attention.

since this was opened up real quick for any mod would it be to much trouble(not being smart I dont know how hard it is to do) to add maybe a invite to chat feature in peoples profile or option in the chat room?

I completly agree we need a forum and when someone hijacks it a mod could just erase there post.

also just a pm to ONE mod may not do much if that mod doesnt care for the suggestion. we should either post them in a forum and then pretty much see how many care for it and who doesnt and majority vote wins or just the admin and mods could decide if it should be done. But the site should be open to good suggestions as better features pull people in to joining.

abradley08 said:
I completly agree we need a forum and when someone hijacks it a mod could just erase there post.

also just a pm to ONE mod may not do much if that mod doesnt care for the suggestion. we should either post them in a forum and then pretty much see how many care for it and who doesnt and majority vote wins or just the admin and mods could decide if it should be done. But the site should be open to good suggestions as better features pull people in to joining.
Great another person who agrees.

hey guys...

you all know I am pretty laid back, but I just want to clarify a few things

abradley08 said:
also just a pm to ONE mod may not do much if that mod doesnt care for the suggestion.

thats NOT how we run things here... IF you PM a MOD/ADMIN a suggestion it is posted in the MOD area and we discuss it...no matter how bad or good the idea is.

abradley08 said:
But the site should be open to good suggestions as better features pull people in to joining.

the site IS open to ALL suggestions ... that is why we have a CHIT CHAT forum where you can discuss these things...as far as BETTER features, as discussed above, IF you have an idea feel free to share it

We had a regular member state that we needed a better TTM FORUM, he is now the MODERATOR of that forum and runs it well... we had a member suggest a Graded Card Forum, again he is the MODERATOR of that forum and it is doing great. Those are the type of suggestions we look for. Not things like "hey you should give away more stuff", or "hey you should have better arcade games"...

I think you will find that the reason MOST sites do NOT have a "SUGGESTION BOX" of sorts is that eventually it becomes more of a "COMPLAINT BOX" or OLD MEMBERS defending the site against NEW MEMBERS who want things THEIR way.

This is why there are TONS of trade sites, everyone sets them up and runs them differently and all traders etc have their own tastes. We here at SportsCardFreaks choose to NOT have that sort of forum, more or less to avoid confrontation etc, just as sites choose to not have Religious or Political boards for the same reason.

With all the ages and backgrounds on these boards NO ONE will ever be 100% happy with all the choices and options we select, but avoiding unnecessary confrontation is and EASY decision for the MODS/ADMIN to make.

Yeah that is all true

sorry im a :hater: when it comes to suggestions as i was a mod for a site and we never get any suggestions and when we do our main man says sure we can do that when we pull in 200 more members and then the members get aggrivated.

But its cool we have what we need at the moment so no complaining

nah I didnt take it as complaining at all.. I welcome ALL suggestions and commments good or bad.... it can only make the site better...

thanks guys

Back