Question about BGS slabs

Reikojo

Bench Warmer
Hi All,
I recently made a trade for a BGS9 Albert Pujols auto. The guy wanted $50 Xtra for the grading which I thought was fair especially after looking up the BGS # and seeing only 7 were graded BGS9. I just got the card and he failed to mention the fact that the BGS slab was cracked and splintered in several places. How does this effect the value ? I traded one of my favorite cards for this and am feeling a little sick about it now. Have I been had or is it ok? Thank you for any help.

Reikojo said:
Hi All,
I recently made a trade for a BGS9 Albert Pujols auto. The guy wanted $50 Xtra for the grading which I thought was fair especially after looking up the BGS # and seeing only 7 were graded BGS9. I just got the card and he failed to mention the fact that the BGS slab was cracked and splintered in several places. How does this effect the value ? I traded one of my favorite cards for this and am feeling a little sick about it now. Have I been had or is it ok? Thank you for any help.
I would try and work something out with seller to get at least $5 back on your purchase(take pics and show the damage) and then send it back to BGS for reslabbing. The reslab fee is $5 and in my experience they always come back with the same grades.Hope this helped.

Yes thank you very much !! That does make me feel a little more at ease. I traded for it and the guy I traded with is ignoring me at the moment. I'd just rather have mine back but, I dont think thats gonna happen.

Back