Petey Smith to Alabama

bamasa37sb34

Bench Warmer
Chose us over offers from the aubs, tennessee, Florida, FSU, Miami, Michigan, Clemson, Ohio State, etc. He was a stand out in the Under Armor game and practices. Very glad to have picked him up, could really help us out as a MLB before too long in my opinion.

BOL rumor today (started by a former Alabama player, Chris James, who currently coaches in south Georgia) that it's between us and FSU. I hope he is as good at playing the recruiting guessing game as he was at blocking kicks ;)
It is down to FSU, Bama and UGA, but I think everyone is forgetting that Reid still has to visit UGA this weekend and then will decide on Tuesday. I like our chances.

Rumor is Kendell Kelly is coming Clemson and someone else from his school is. We are making a late push on Dre Kirkpatrick.

Any truth to the buzz going around tonight that Bama's OC McElwain will head to the NFL after Signing Day??

Yes, the reason Thompson and Steele left is that Saban made those three (along with Cignetti) work until 10:30 on Christmas Eve and then yelled at them all and called them name. Cignetti will be the only guy who stays from that group who will stay around because he was promised a promotion to OC.

Saddly enough, that is the rumor :lollol: :doh: :LOL:

Rumor is Kendell Kelly is coming Clemson and someone else from his school is. We are making a late push on Dre Kirkpatrick.

Kelly may very well wind up out of state. If we land Randle (very long shot) and Patrick Patterson (Alabama lean) he may miss his chance to get on board though I do not see that scenario playing out.

Only team that presents any problem with Kirkpatrick, IMO, is Texas, but he is a strong lean to us as of now.

Back