One sweet jim brown numbers to 25!!

Awesome card! I used to have a Jim Brown patch, too, and the biggest question I had when looking at it was where would the patch come from? When Jim Brown played, they used stickers rather than sewn on patches. My conclusion was that Jim Brown had worn a modern jersey in a modern game where he was being recognized. They'd still be able to say it's a game worn jersey. That doesn't necessarily mean it was a game he played in. I'm not sure, though. It would be nice to get a card manufacturer to explain this one.

Awesome card! I used to have a Jim Brown patch, too, and the biggest question I had when looking at it was where would the patch come from? When Jim Brown played, they used stickers rather than sewn on patches. My conclusion was that Jim Brown had worn a modern jersey in a modern game where he was being recognized. They'd still be able to say it's a game worn jersey. That doesn't necessarily mean it was a game he played in. I'm not sure, though. It would be nice to get a card manufacturer to explain this one.
Best not to think about unless you like being sad :D Although I am not sure that your logic on "game used" would work since the same logic could be used even if he was just attending a game. On the Pro Bowl jerseys, they typically say Event Used as well. I don't think I have seen one that says Game Used.

I just think about all the jerseys that are out there....most people don't really seem to care about event used vs game used but it makes me wonder if we are sitting on a bubble. At the same time, so many sports fan and new ones are created daily....and cards are a great way to get kids interested/connected to players from bygone eras.

Back