Nolan Ryan possibly an error card

Waylon0002

Bench Warmer
I was recently going through my father’s baseball cards and came across this Nolan Ryan card. It has the rookie card front but the back of the card has a checklist. I have searched on the internet trying to find any information about it but have found nothing. I have also searched to see if it might be a promo card or a reproduced card and have found nothing. It dose have what is called fisheyes in the blue circle on the front of the card. I have taken the card to a card shop and the owner did verify that it is one card and not two cards stuck together but had no information about it either. If anyone has any information about this card I would really appreciate it. Thank you
image.jpgimage.jpg

That is great information I had no idea that there were different series of cards. If I may ask how can one tell what series they are

That is great information I had no idea that there were different series of cards. If I may ask how can one tell what series they are
checklist.jpg

I wasn't able to find a full listing of each series, but there were 7 releases for Topps in 1968. One way to tell would be the checklists.

Wow! Looks like it could be a possible error card. I’d also probably send it in for authentication. Very cool and thanks for sharing!

@Waylon0002 Welcome to SCC!

One more interesting piece of info: Nolan Ryan/Jerry Koosman RC was Topps #177 in that series, whereas the back on your card is #518, going back to what @AndyDrummond said about the 6th series! I have been researching this morning but have found nothing else like it. The Nolan Ryan RC is a highly sought after card in general, and this may be even more rare. How that front got paired with that back is beyond me. If authentic, that may be worth some bucks!!

This article talks about his 10 best cards, but no mention of any RC error card. It also said that PSA 10 graded RCs have gone for $600,000 at auction, which I dont know if your card would grade a 10, but graded and with the error on the back, may be really attractive to buyers. Probably worth getting graded anyway, not an expert at that by any means, but with something like that, its worth a shot!

Cheers!

Kevin

Last edited:
Back