Selling I think I might have reduced stuff too much...

I need someone to clean out my inventory, but im not going to start stuff that low...

have quite a few folks watching assorted Topps RCs that start at $0.25, but no one pulling the trigger...for base rcs ive sold 1 Topps Chrome, and I have 1 bid on 1 Topps...pretty sad

It's literally not worth my time if I sell anything under $2-3. Charging $2.50 for shipping, feeBay takes 10% of that ($0.25) and Paypal 3% ($0.08) because I guess they earned that... Normal weight bubble envelope costs $1.92 to ship, bubble envelope costs me about $0.25. $0-I make no money on shipping but also need to factor in tape, top loaders, printer ink. My thought is people won't buy $1 cards if they have to spend $3 on shipping.

Exactly right... I don't think Ebay cares how you rate someones' shipping,because I mark all $3 shipping as unacceptable. Instead of listening to it's consumers,they just pass the buck...maybe some sellers could start taking a good close look at webstore.com,and put some good cards on the site...I would much rather buy from this place than e-bay , but there isn't alot to choose from at this moment.

It's literally not worth my time if I sell anything under $2-3. Charging $2.50 for shipping, feeBay takes 10% of that ($0.25) and Paypal 3% ($0.08) because I guess they earned that... Normal weight bubble envelope costs $1.92 to ship, bubble envelope costs me about $0.25. $0-I make no money on shipping but also need to factor in tape, top loaders, printer ink. My thought is people won't buy $1 cards if they have to spend $3 on shipping.

I will tell you that you are wrong in thought...people will buy the cheap cards if enough are offered...the majority of my sales, at least 80% are for under $3...having the variety of cheap cards brings in the 'team' buy or 'set' guy...I just had a guy buy 16 Wisconsin cards...I had several dudes pick me clean on my 2004 Donruss Classics Legends /2000 when I had that set, heck, I think it took me all of 4 cards to hit profit when I bought that complete 04 Classics set (Manning, Roethlisberger, Bruce Perry, Larry Fitz)...

I can make around 150 listings per hour....yeah, its a grind, but the profit margin is there, just takes work

Back