eBay is full of idiots these days

wdkantro2

Bench Warmer
Usually I don't care about running into a few morons along the way because it comes with the territory. But the last week or so has been ridiculous. I've sold a total of 8 things....ZERO have been paid for after at least 7 days. I've emailed all of them and said you need to pay or I'm opening a dispute. Only one of them actually got back to me, and 10 days after the auction closed he says "I thought I already told you, my room mate left and I don't have the money to pay. Sorry." The card was a Roscoe Parrish exquisite RC auto patch that has gone down significantly since then. So I told him pay for it and resell it yourself if you need the money that bad. He doesn't reply, hits a BIN on another one of my auctions and I've yet to hear from him. So I'm still waiting on those 7 or 8 guys. Then I get an email this morning about a VD Contenders I paid for last night. "I got your payment, card will go out sometime after October 4." :doh::doh:

Some people out there are unbelievable.

/rant

95% of my sales are paid for within 7 days (usually 1-2). For the ones that aren't, I usually message them on the 6th day asking if I should be looking for a MO. Once the 7th day gets here, I open the dispute. Nothing personal, it's just that after 7 days it's 50-50 that it gets paid for.

I sold a Bulger Contenders that reached 7 days this morning. I'm a little worried after his 3 int game that the buyer was just speculating, but he has over 100 feedback with only 1 negative, so maybe not.

Sorry to hear about your bad run... those things seem to go in cycles.

Those are good results right there.

Will, that sucks man. Open disputes against all of them.

lol, tried, but I guess it needs to be 10 days and it's only been 8 or 9 on most. I have disputes on 3. The tally after tonight is 11 items sold, waiting for payment on 10.

Back