Displaying Your Collection

CamaroDMD

Insert Cool Title
Do any of you guys have displays out of any of your card collection? I have always been very wary of doing so because I am concerned that over time the light might fade out the cards. So, I tend to keep them put away and only bring them out when I want to look at them.

That said, recently I thought it would be fun to put a small display piece in my office at work. I figured I would do something that would contain cheaper cards...that way, if they did get faded it wouldn't matter. But, I wanted to do something that was an interest of mine.

So, I got online and I found a black UltraPro 4 card case and a couple cheap plastic stands. I suddenly realized that my favorite baseball player had 4 "basic" rookie cards...it seemed like the perfect fit. To make matters even better, they came out in 1988 so they are as cheap as dirt. Since I have multiple copies of each (worth less than $1 a piece)...I decided it would make the perfect display piece and the total investment was less than $10. So, I ordered the case and stands.

So, I thought I would show you guys what I did. Here are the cards (left to right):
1988 Donruss #644 Tom Glavine RC
1988 Fleer #539 Tom Glavine RC
1988 Score #638 Tom Glavine RC
1988 Topps #779 Tom Glavine RC

I think it turned out pretty nice...what do you guys think?

Lets see your displays!!!

I saw a posting somewhere, where the guy collected signed baseball cards, put them in the plastic cubes, and stacked them into old Coke, Pepsi, etc wooden cases that he screwed to the wall. I thought it was a pretty cool idea.

DOES look nice. Where's that O-Pee-Chee and Leaf card? ;)

I think there is plexi with UV protection built in, if that's a concern (and it should be, at least with more expensive cards)

Back