Comeback player of the year

wdkantro2

Bench Warmer
Yeah, so it was Randy Moss right? No, it was obviously Brett Favre, right?
Neither.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d805ebd90
Instead, they chose a guy on a defense that wasn't even in the top 10. I don't get it at all. Ellis got 12 votes, Moss got 10, Roethlisberger 7, Favre 5!!!! Considering Favre was eligible for the award and he was the only one not named Brady to get an MVP vote, shouldn't he have won in a landslide? Moss I understand because I'm sure most people outside of NE hate him, especially the media, but the Favre thing makes no sense.

It is a meaningless award, but they got it right.

By the definition of the Comeback POY Award, Ellis was more deserving than Favre and Moss.

But most people think the award is simply for the player whose stats improved the most from one year to the next (hence, they think Favre and/or Moss got screwed).

Ellis simply overcame more adversity to get back to a high-level of play than Favre or Moss has.

It is a meaningless award, but they got it right.

By the definition of the Comeback POY Award, Ellis was more deserving than Favre and Moss.

But most people think the award is simply for the player whose stats improved the most from one year to the next (hence, they think Favre and/or Moss got screwed).

Ellis simply overcame more adversity to get back to a high-level of play than Favre or Moss has.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Well said. He is most deserving.

Moss getting any consideration for comeback player of the year at all is laughable.

Most times it a player who has faced some adversity whether its injury or whatever.

That idiot just played for a really bad team and just didn't TRY HARD ANYMORE. HE QUIT TRYING. So he gets comeback player consideration for that? Because he goes to a dominant team and actually gives a crap for a change????

Took the words right outta my mouth. Moss even being in the conversation is a freaking joke.

One guy who did get the ultimate snub was Bobby Engram, and not just cause he's a Seahawk. Last Season he had a very debilitating illness, wasn't even diagnosed as Graves Disease until halfway through the season. It's a thyroid condition, BTW. Anyway, he recovered from that to be the Seahawks leading receiver, and I'm not gonna mention ;) that this season his daughter is battling a rare form of sickle-cell anemia... the man was worth at least a nod.

:love: Bobby E!

Moss getting any consideration for comeback player of the year at all is laughable.

Most times it a player who has faced some adversity whether its injury or whatever.

That idiot just played for a really bad team and just didn't TRY HARD ANYMORE. HE QUIT TRYING. So he gets comeback player consideration for that? Because he goes to a dominant team and actually gives a crap for a change????

Precisely. Well said. And whether he plays for the Pats or another team down the road be sure he will fold up his effort like a lawn chair and start sulking the moment things go awry. Moss is a great talent with no heart.

Back