College Picks.....

Liar

Bench Warmer
Not sure if anyone cares, but like I said in a previous post, I am on fire for college football games. I LOVE this upcoming week. I currently have 5 parlays outstanding and another 10 individual bets that I like. If anyone has any games they are wondering about I would be happy to give my opinion. Again, this is just an opinion so please don't rely on me make you money! I don't want to be responsible for anything!!!!

UGLY! don't touch it. Spread is to high. I think Georgia will win by 7-10, but won't cover, just like almost every game they have played this year. Vandy's offense is terrible. They should play harder this weekend after that embarrassing loss last weekend. Either way, I would stay away from this game.

Alabama -13.5 vs. Ole Miss?

I think we cover :secret:

I think you are going to hate me.....
Bama hasn't had a true test. I know what you're thinking....Georgia, Clemson, etc.

Bama had an amazing game plan against Georgia. They made them look pathetic. The lack of closing in the second half was questionable. The real tell is going to be that Kentucky game. Kentucky exposed quite a bit and the fact that 'Bama couldn't walk away with it even after the quick start worries me. I'm not going to say that 'Bama is going to lose, however, 13.5 is high. I look for 'Bama to sneak past. This game will probably give the country their best look at if 'Bama is for real. Living so close to Abalama I get to listen to a lot of the homers around here who think this is the greatest team on turf. I give Saban a ton of credit for a remarkable turn around, however, I haven't fully bought into them.
I say take 'Ole Miss and the points. This is another game that I don't like at all. I could be way off, but I just think 'Ole Miss will give them everything they can handle and I look for a similar game as Kentucky vs 'Bama.

I think you are going to hate me.....
Bama hasn't had a true test. I know what you're thinking....Georgia, Clemson, etc.

Bama had an amazing game plan against Georgia. They made them look pathetic. The lack of closing in the second half was questionable. The real tell is going to be that Kentucky game. Kentucky exposed quite a bit and the fact that 'Bama couldn't walk away with it even after the quick start worries me. I'm not going to say that 'Bama is going to lose, however, 13.5 is high. I look for 'Bama to sneak past. This game will probably give the country their best look at if 'Bama is for real. Living so close to Abalama I get to listen to a lot of the homers around here who think this is the greatest team on turf. I give Saban a ton of credit for a remarkable turn around, however, I haven't fully bought into them.
I say take 'Ole Miss and the points. This is another game that I don't like at all. I could be way off, but I just think 'Ole Miss will give them everything they can handle and I look for a similar game as Kentucky vs 'Bama.

The UK game was an odd game for us....we dominated them and had the game in control for pretty much the entire game (just not reflected on the score board). There were some questionable/downright putrid calls that went against us (phantom holdings, a phantom offensive pass interference, and an illegal man down field called when the guy didn't cross the LOS :doh: ).

I'm not particularly impressed with Snead, and Ole Miss gives up a ton of points.

So at what point do we face a "real" test? If going on the road against the #3 ranked team in the country where they were all wearing the same color and broke out some fancy-ass shirts doesn't count, I don't know what is :snooty:

The UK game was an odd game for us....we dominated them and had the game in control for pretty much the entire game (just not reflected on the score board). There were some questionable/downright putrid calls that went against us (phantom holdings, a phantom offensive pass interference, and an illegal man down field called when the guy didn't cross the LOS :doh: ).

I'm not particularly impressed with Snead, and Ole Miss gives up a ton of points.

So at what point do we face a "real" test? If going on the road against the #3 ranked team in the country where they were all wearing the same color and broke out some fancy-ass shirts doesn't count, I don't know what is :snooty:

I'm not saying the Georgia game wasn't impressive. I just think that Georgia was over rated, and 'bama had a great game plan to counteract them. Georgia penalties hurt. The quick start took the crowd out and the rest was history!
First test and probably the only test will be LSU. I think LSU matches up extremely well against 'bama. That will be a painful game to watch because there will be very little scoring.
Beyond that, I think the rest of the schedule plays out well for them. Auburn is obviously crap, as is Tennessee.
Still sticking by this being a close game and 13.5 being to high. 'Ole Miss and the points, but I wouldn't put money on it!

one more reason i don't like that game.....

giving Saban two weeks to prepare for a game is never good for the opponent.

How is it that no one is asking about other games that I like! You are all just asking about games I HATE!

I'm not saying the Georgia game wasn't impressive. I just think that Georgia was over rated, and 'bama had a great game plan to counteract them. Georgia penalties hurt. The quick start took the crowd out and the rest was history!
First test and probably the only test will be LSU. I think LSU matches up extremely well against 'bama. That will be a painful game to watch because there will be very little scoring.
Beyond that, I think the rest of the schedule plays out well for them. Auburn is obviously crap, as is Tennessee.
Still sticking by this being a close game and 13.5 being to high. 'Ole Miss and the points, but I wouldn't put money on it!

Rexy will yell at me for saying this, but I have not been impressed with LSU this season. They lack that nasty mentality on the lines that they were known for, have problems at QB, and their secondary.....well, their secondary let awbern move on them a bit. Of course, some of their problems can be corrected, but as of now I think we go down to LSU and win (thank you 2:30 kickoff time!).

But while they are the best team remaining on the schedule, and I do think we win that game, I do not think there is a chance of us finishing undefeated. Too many land mines to dodge....but I do think we win the West.

Rexy will yell at me for saying this, but I have not been impressed with LSU this season. They lack that nasty mentality on the lines that they were known for, have problems at QB, and their secondary.....well, their secondary let awbern move on them a bit. Of course, some of their problems can be corrected, but as of now I think we go down to LSU and win (thank you 2:30 kickoff time!).

But while they are the best team remaining on the schedule, and I do think we win that game, I do not think there is a chance of us finishing undefeated. Too many land mines to dodge....but I do think we win the West.

totally agree with you on LSU. They looked terrible against Florida. It was odd to watch that game (which I had a ton of money on LSU) and expect them to NOT complete passes and not move the ball. The longer they played the more shocked I was. Granted their QB issues were a factor, but where did their D go? That Florida team lost to Ole Miss and was in a battle with a mediocre Miami team until the 4th.
I liked selecting LSU and getting points, but man, what a mistake!

Just to humor you....a Texas coming off a huge win vs. a pissed off Mizzou....and fill me in on what the line is:salut:

lined started at Mizzou +7, but has since dropped to +6.5

I like Mizzou. Texas has historically struggled coming off the Red River Rivalry. Mizzou looked as though they were looking past OK St. Mizzou has nothing to lose. I took Mizzou and the points. was hoping to see the line more a little more in my favor, but its moving the opposite way. It will be interesting to see where this line is at before kick off.

Georgia overrated? :doh:

We have played 1 half of bad (horrible really) football and now we are overrated. I like it. Seriously. We play better when everyone says we can't do it. If Georgia can fix the penalty problem (it is getting better) and can pick it up on the O-Line (showed good things on the final drive against Tennessee), watch out! I want a rematch with Alabama in Atlanta. :shifty: I wouldn't be shocked if we cover against Vanderbilt. We have a much better defense than Mississippi State and our offense is on another level.

We have played 1 half of bad (horrible really) football and now we are overrated. I like it. Seriously. We play better when everyone says we can't do it. If Georgia can fix the penalty problem (it is getting better) and can pick it up on the O-Line (showed good things on the final drive against Tennessee), watch out! I want a rematch with Alabama in Atlanta. :shifty: I wouldn't be shocked if we cover against Vanderbilt. We have a much better defense than Mississippi State and our offense is on another level.

I was waiting for your response to that. here is my logic.
1.) this team was hyped more then almost every team in the country. From the end of last season until a few weeks ago, Georgia was hailed as the best team in the land. That stigma is hard to live up too
2.) Injuries. Currently 14 players injured/suspended. of those 11 are out for the year. I'm sure you know better then I the players on that list that will actually be missed.
3.) South Carolina game. SC is a decent team, but to only win by a TD is rough
4.) Lack of dominating victories. With the exception of the first two cupcakes, Georgia hasn't had a solid victory
5.) Tennessee game was UGLY. Tennessee is like an ACC team. This should have never been close. I kept thinking GA was going to walk away from them, but it never happened.

This will probably piss most everyone off who likes the SEC, but I personally think the Big 12 is a better/equal conference to the SEC. If I were a coach I would rather challenge GA, 'Bama, LSU, Auburn or Florida as opposed to OU, Texas, Mizzou, or possibly Texas Tech. Please don't shoot me!

not only do you have a better defense then Miss St. you have better players all around. Comparing GA and Miss St. isn't fair. The caliber guys that go to GA are on a whole different level then Miss. St. The fact that Miss St. beat Vandy showed quite a bit. Vandy was obviously overrated as well.

Back