College Gameday Thread 9/26

sffanmike25

Bench Warmer
Another Gameday thread. :)

Pretty good week for college matchups, but probably not up to the level of the last 2 weeks

Key Early Conference Matchups

Miami @ VA Tech
Iowa @ Penn State
California @ Oregon
UNC @ Georgia Tech
Arkansas @ Alabama
LSU @ Mississippi State
Washington @ Stanford (One big win and now a Washington game matters again?!)

Non-Conference Matchups

TCU @ Clemson (probably the underrated game of the week)
Arizona State @ Georgia

Shoot-out of the Week

Texas Tech @ Houston

Matchups featuring Unbeaten teams that will be forgotten by 5 PM EST

Southern Miss @ Kansas
Indiana @ Michigan

Come in and post your comments. :cool:

Arkansas is in a quandry. Do they double Julio letting other pretty good WRs run around while letting the offensive line open holes for Ingram, Richardson and company or do they put an extra man in the box and let McElroy pick apart the defense :think:

Final score, 'Bama 38 piggies - 24. RMFT!

If Alabama is sloppy or careless with the ball, that game could stay closer than many Crimson Tide fans would like. However, if the ground game is working for Alabama, it probably doesn't result in a nail-biter type of scenario at home.

If Alabama is sloppy or careless with the ball, that game could stay closer than many Crimson Tide fans would like. However, if the ground game is working for Alabama, it probably doesn't result in a nail-biter type of scenario at home.

As long as we get pressure on Mallet he will not do much (ask Chuck about Mallet's difference when there was no pressure vs. pressure....). Hopefully we contain their RB Michael Smith, he did alright against us last year.

But you are right, if we are sloppy and turning the ball over and Arkansas cashes in, it could be a game that makes me bash my face into the wall :salut:

I will not be able to watch the UGA/ASU game tonight. I will, however, be able to catch Nebraska vs. La-Lafayette, vols/Ohio, awbern/Ball State, Central Michigan/Akron and other much more interesting, intriguing matchups that will be aired at the same time :wall:

I will not be able to watch the UGA/ASU game tonight. I will, however, be able to catch Nebraska vs. La-Lafayette, vols/Ohio, awbern/Ball State, Central Michigan/Akron and other much more interesting, intriguing matchups that will be aired at the same time :wall:

All 5 will have about the same score, with UGA, Nebraska, Tenn, Auburn, and CMU winning heavy. Not missing much.

Mississippi State looking actually pretty decent on offense minus that INT for a TD, Cincy looks great against Fresno. This isn't your older brother's Fresno State team, but still, Fresno can play ball.

Mississippi State looking actually pretty decent on offense minus that INT for a TD, Cincy looks great against Fresno. This isn't your older brother's Fresno State team, but still, Fresno can play ball.

Mississippi State appears to be in a good situation with the weather. The rain and overall field condition might negate the speed disparity on the field.

Plus, LSU's track record in early morning/noon games (if I recall) is to start slow and then make it all up in the 2nd half.

USF up 7-0 early on. Diddy says "dad gum it" and then wonders around aimlessly on the sideline as the coordinators and other coaches do their thing.

High snap on LSU punt gives MSU the ball at the 1 (not sure why the punter didn't do something to take the safety :scratch: )...........MSU scores TD on next play.

Back