Back from day 1 of the show

rexvos

Bench Warmer
Sold a little. Funny story, I bought a bunch of 1970 Topps Basketball inchluding a Pete Maravich rookie. Then a few minutes after buying them, thought what in the heck am I doing, and sold them all except for a second year Maravich in the lot for what I paid for the lot to the next guy that came by my table.:lollol:

I am proud of myself. I sold everything I bought except 3 Kobe Rookies I got in a lot, but I had like 12 of them. Already made my money back from the lot + I got rid of so many sets and junk wax from the haul that, I was able to cover all my costs for the cards I bought, the card show cost, and have a stack of cash to go with it!

Great Job. So how was the whole setting up and selling at a show? Ive never had the opportunity so Im just curious. Is this your first time doing something like this?

I used to do it back in the early 90s some. People bought junk mainly. Low end stuff, $1 cards. I had one guy spend over $150 on $1 cards. I had another guy spend about $100 on junk sets and junk wax. Another one spent about $150 on decent sets (mid 80s baseball) By the end of the show I was blowing out stuff because I did not want to bring it back. Did not want to have to sort it either.

Back