9ers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If cheating means doing something that doesn't gain you an advantage, then I guess so!

Will, did you honestly click the link and read it? I understand you are a homer, but come on. If you look up cheating in the dictionary, it means what you wrote just a few post above.

Will, did you honestly click the link and read it? I understand you are a homer, but come on. If you look up cheating in the dictionary, it means what you wrote just a few post above.

The word "cheating" as it is used in this day and age more accurately means to break the rules to benefit yourself in some manner. I don't disagree that what they did is totally wrong, but I just don't think cheating (as people use it today) is the right word.

See post above you. I was always under the impression that cheating gained you some kind of advantage. Goodell said it didn't, so I didn't use that word.

If it is against the rules in a competition based area then yeah...cheating.

Kinda like sticking a needle in your butt is still cheating if you do not get caught. Once you get caught doing something against the rules in a competition based job and get in trouble for it. Cheating

The word "cheating" as it is used in this day and age more accurately means to break the rules to benefit yourself in some manner. I don't disagree that what they did is totally wrong, but I just don't think cheating (as people use it today) is the right word.

Maybe you should let Websters know that they are wrong. Im sure they will change the definition as soon as the letter comes in.

Well, I do not think he taped the other teams play calling to help that team out with what he saw. He was doing it to steal their signs to use it against them to gain a competitive edge. You say it didn't help them, then why do it?

Maybe you should let Websters know that they are wrong. Im sure they will change the definition as soon as the letter comes in.

Didn't say anything about their definition being wrong. I (twice) noted that I was referring to the way the word is commonly used.

Cano- I don't know why they did it, especially considering they are better than all the other teams anyway. Ask Belichick.

Well, I do not think he taped the other teams play calling to help that team out with what he saw. He was doing it to steal their signs to use it against them to gain a competitive edge. You say it didn't help them, then why do it?

Maybe Belichick was using it to see how a coach properly dresses?

Didn't say anything about their definition being wrong. I (twice) noted that I was referring to the way the word is commonly used.

Cano- I don't know why they did it, especially considering they are better than all the other teams anyway. Ask Belichick.

But when it comes down to it, the Pats cheated. Correct?

Well they do have one flaw. They are, and will always be tainted with their cheating fiasco. Otherwise, no flaws.

To the blind Patriot haters out there, you are correct. But to people who understand (i.e former players and coaches), they tend to agree that it goes on fairly often.

Back