The Gone But Not Forgotten Thread

actor burt young at 83

I would have thought Burt was older than 83, in fact, he is only 6 years older than Sly himself!

I absolutely LOVE the Rocky movies, and Paulie was a great character. Rest in Peace.
images.jpeg
sylvester-stallone-burt-young-653121dcd000e.jpg

Last edited:
Sir Bobby Charlton passed at age 86, considered to be one of the greatest English football players of all time, a Manchester United legend who scored 249 goals during his 17 year career!

download.jpeg
3500.jpg

Rest in Peace Richard Roundtree, the original John Shaft from the 1971 classic!

Richard_Roundtree_1973.jpeg

Last edited:
While not remembered as much as some of his contemporaries, Yul Brynner was a well known and popular actor in the 60s and 70s with The King and I, The Magnificent Seven, and Westworld as probably his best known films. His son Rock Brynner just passed away at age 76, after a life full of travel and adventure, working as a roadie for Robbie Robertson and The Band, serving as a bodyguard for Muhammad Ali, and as a college professor for many years. An interesting character who escaped his famous father's shadow!

Rock:
image_37-x_small.jpg

Yul at about the same age:
S.Kragujevic,_Yul_Brynner_in_Sarajevo,1969.JPG

I'd say like father like son....they bore more than just a passing resemblance to one another!

This is some truly devastating news: Matthew Perry, a wonderfully talented actor, writer, and comic was found dead today at age 54. I love Friends, but love Matthew especially, as he was one of my heroes in my own life's journey to sobriety. I am so sad for the loss to the world, but am happy that Matthew is finally at peace.

Screenshot_20231028_203440_Chrome.jpg

This is some truly devastating news: Matthew Perry, a wonderfully talented actor, writer, and comic was found dead today at age 54. I love Friends, but love Matthew especially, as he was one of my heroes in my own life's journey to sobriety. I am so sad for the loss to the world, but am happy that Matthew is finally at peace.

View attachment 15670
Very sad to hear this!

As a Washington Baseball fan this hit me hard. Just around the time I was getting into baseball the Senators up and move to Texas. Hondo was a fave back then.
Condolences @captkirk42 , it's really tough when one of our sports heroes passes. Cool that he is part of your story growing up a fan!

We lost two Veterans and great NASA heroes in the past week. Rear Admiral Ken Mattingly passed away on 10.31.23; he was originally slated to pilot Apollo 13, and was transferred to Apollo 16 because of suspected exposure to measles (which he never ended up having!). Fortunately, following the mid-flight disaster, Mattingly was able to work with Mission Control in the flight simulator, working on plans to return Lovell, Haise, and Swigert home to Earth!

231103-thomas-kenneth-mattingly-nasa-mn-0940-2175a5.jpg

Following Ken's death, Colonel Frank Borman passed away on 11.7.23, fitting to remember both of them on Veterans Day weekend. He graduated West Point, became a fighter pilot, and along with Jim Lovell and Bill Anders, was part of the famous Apollo 8 crew, the first 3 human beings to orbit the Moon!

Frank-Borman-400x500.jpg

Earthrise is probably one of the most famous photos from the Apollo era, taken as the crew of Apollo 8 was orbiting the Moon, watching Earth rise as no human beings ever had before. Frank Borman and Bill Anders had a longstanding joke about who ACTUALLY snapped the iconic photo (recordings of in-flight communications have proven it to be Anders, but the joke continued between the two men for decades!).

2865.jpg

Last edited:
Back