Help on a card value

packman80

Prospect
Transactions: 1
Can anyone give me a rough price range on a 2002 Score Buy Back Bo Jackson Auto? He signed only 22 of them. It is the 89 score supplemental card of him in shoulder pads holding a bat.

I can't find any information about the release of that card at all, which means it could be pretty rare. Did you pull it from a pack yourself? Does it have an authentication sticker and/or certificate of authentication? It'd also be nice to see a scan of it if you have one, or can get one.

I can't find any information about the release of that card at all, which means it could be pretty rare. Did you pull it from a pack yourself? Does it have an authentication sticker and/or certificate of authentication? It'd also be nice to see a scan of it if you have one, or can get one.

Yes I did and yes it has a stamp by the company saying it's a authentic sig.

I was able to find a few buyback autos that have sold on eBay. They sold as "Best Offer Accepted" so, to my knowledge, there's no way to find out exactly what they sold for. However, using some different search terms I was able to find some ranges that they sold for.

One of them, which was numbered /5, sold for somewhere between $255.99 to $265.

Another, numbered /10, sold for between $185 to $195.99.

The last one I could find, also numbered /10, sold for $162.50 to $176.

Granted, none of these are the exact same one you have but they are Bo Jackson buybacks and they are lower numbered than the one you have. Still, I would guess yours would fetch somewhere in the same neighborhood as the ones that are numbered /10. I'd say somewhere in the $175 range.

Can't figure how to load a pic but here is what a unsigned card looks like.

177181.jpg

Ehhh, nevermind, that is not really comparable. Thought yours was the famous pic, which really adds to the value.

I try and get the right set names and such when I put cards in my database.....so I use it a lot. Every once in a while, I will realize a card is SP or a different year than I thought.

When trying to find a value on it I saw a post from a few years back a guy looking for one who was trying to trade a 05 Topps Chrome Barry Sanders auto /40 with a PSA of 10. He would trade for the Jackson card or wanted $500 cash. So I don't know if that guy was overvaluing his Sanders card or if he thought the Jackson card was worth that much.

Is it worth me sending this card in to get graded? Also I have a 05 Aaron Rodgers Press Pass Class of 05 auto limited to /200 card #20 of 200 in the blue ink is this worth also getting graded?

Well, sure, if it looks like it's in really good condition. I, personally, wouldn't send it in unless I thought it'd get at least a 9.5 grade. If it will, like any other card, it'll be worth a little bit more money. You also won't have to worry about it getting scratched, bent, dented, or anything else since it'd be encased.

If I go into a well known trading card store in my area you think they could tell by looking at it if it is a 9.5 or higher? Not really sure how to tell by looking at cards. All I know is no corners are bent or anything and are in toploaders to keep protected.

Back