Baseball 2014 Topps Supreme

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
2014 Topps Supreme

Per Box Items:
2 autographed cards per box

The cards I pulled are horizontal in design however there is a mixture of vertical, horizontal and die-cut cards in the product. The border-less cards feature a color action shot of the named player on one third of the card. The rest of the card has the set name, player name, player position and serial numbering in gold foil. The cards were clearly designed to draw attention to the autograph. Both of these cards are the green or emerald parallel versions. The backs are photo-less and contain a congratulation statement and Topps' guarantee of authenticity.

All the positives are there for 2014 Topps Supreme to be a phenomenal product: every card being autographed per box, a mix of retired stars, active players and rookies, low numbered patches and jumbo relics, dual autographed cards, die cuts, multi-tiered parallels and one of one cards. The truth is though that to deliver on all of the promises, Topps includes up and coming players with little to no market presence and redemption cards. Do not get me wrong, the cards do look awesome and have great eye appeal. The bottom line however is that 2014 Topps Supreme is one of the products that perpetuates the stereotype of the hobby not being for kids anymore. At an average rate of $60 per box ($60 for 2 cards), this is truly a lottery ticket of the collecting world. For every box that contains an autographed Jose Abreu printing plate there are many more that do not. The most disappointing break I saw was a collector who payed $60 for a redemption card of a player who has never played above AA ball and a base autograph of the hobby's favorite punching bag, Jose Canseco.

With all due respect and many thanks to Topps for making this review possible, most collectors will probably find themselves far better off buying the singles they want.

Last edited:
Nice looking cards. For 2 cards per pack it is a total crapshoot, especially for baseball and all the prospects.

Also, Ill have to see about getting something Detroit to pick up that Butler. :D

Great looking autographs, but I think I will pass on this product. Hate the "crap shoot" products and yet both Topps and Press Pass seem to think that's where the market is.

2014 Topps Supreme

Per Box Items:
2 autographed cards per box

The cards I pulled are horizontal in design however there is a mixture of vertical, horizontal and die-cut cards in the product. The border-less cards feature a color action shot of the named player on one third of the card. The rest of the card has the set name, player name, player position and serial numbering in gold foil. The cards were clearly designed to draw attention to the autograph. Both of these cards are the green or emerald parallel versions. The backs are photo-less and contain a congratulation statement and Topps' guarantee of authenticity.

All the positives are there for 2014 Topps Supreme to be a phenomenal product: every card being autographed per box, a mix of retired stars, active players and rookies, low numbered patches and jumbo relics, dual autographed cards, die cuts, multi-tiered parallels and one of one cards. The truth is though that to deliver on all of the promises, Topps includes up and coming players with little to no market presence and redemption cards. Do not get me wrong, the cards do look awesome and have great eye appeal. The bottom line however is that 2014 Topps Supreme is one of the products that perpetuates the stereotype of the hobby not being for kids anymore. At an average rate of $60 per box ($60 for 2 cards), this is truly a lottery ticket of the collecting world. For every box that contains an autographed Jose Abreu printing plate there are many more that do not. The most disappointing break I saw was a collector who payed $60 for a redemption card of a player who has never played above AA ball and a base autograph of the hobby's favorite punching bag, Jose Canseco.

With all due respect and many thanks to Topps for making this review possible, most collectors will probably find themselves far better off buying the singles they want.
gret cards, i wish i could get something like that when i got box's.

Back