2014 SP Authentic

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
so this started showing up on my searches yesterday and I like it...

if you haven't seen it, the RC's are throwbacks, at least some of them are anyway, to the 2000 SP Authentic design...gotta say, I like it...also, appears to be at least 2 versions, the standard /999 and a gold /99 which could get a bit confusing, as the only difference ive seen is the serial number, whereas in the past they have done a minor change in the design...I didn't look to see if the foil is a different color, as I likely wont be getting any of these anytime soon, as they wont be as cheap as I like...

I've always been a fan of SP Authentic. However, I've never been a fan of college uniforms. I'm not a big college guy, or individual player guy. I'm a true blue Cowboys fan, so now SP Authentic, as awesome as it looks, just isn't in my wheel house anymore.

the throwback 2000 design inserts aren't getting much love at all, to the point where Manziel sells for $5 or less...

hopefully I can grab some cheap lots of them and then maybe people will start coming around in a year or two...I get that they have autos and auto patches and all sorts of other things floating around in that set, but typically when a TOP rookie can be grabbed out of SPA for under $5 its a deal...heck, I was getting Hoyers in lots that I paid under $0.20 per card for and then selling them for $8..Hoyers RC /999 sells better than Manziels at this point I think, its unreal...and its not like Manziel will be the 'only RC" that drives up the price of guys like Amendola and Ninkovich, but guys get hot and the SPA base will go from peanuts to $5 pretty quickly...Mike Tolbert, Kraig Lumpkin are just a couple of the guys that have done that...

its not all rookies in the set either, they have Peyton Manning and Matt Stafford as well as a few others, and then the rookies...seriously, if you want to build a set that is pretty cheap to do that has potential to give a nice return, I would go with that...

Back