Would you rather bust wax or buy/trade for singles?

waxgeeks

Bench Warmer
Personally, I love the chase :D....til I bust a both and get nothing:mad:

but yea. I LOVE bustin wax. more than collecting a specific player, etc. I just love the whole not knowing what I might pull aspect.

What about you?

I would have to agree. Even though it is a lot cheaper to just buy the cards you want, I'd much rather bust open a box of cards than trade for ones I want. When you buy a card you already know what's coming in the mail so when it gets there and you open it, there's just no excitement. It's just kinda, meh. At least for me. When you bust open a box, on the other hand, and pull something amazing there just aren't words to explain it.

Oh, and that is coming from a guy who recently decided to chase a master set. :huh:

i have no patience for set collecting. tried it ONCE, and quit within a week.

but yea, pulling something amazing is the best feeling. i like having things of my favorite players but i rather pull that big hit!

I prefer opening boxes (preferably cases). I still get the
thrill of a ten year old opening packs.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

I do my fair share of both. I buy a lot of singles of my favorites, of course, but busting boxes will always be the best. It immediately takes me back to being a kid looking for my favorites. It also has the added bonus of picking up big hits on players that you would never go after in singles. I was going through a binder the other day and realized that I had a Victor Cruz rookie numbered to 599 that I would never have even figured that I had in my collection. That is still the best part of collecting for me.

I enjoy both, they each have their own points. But it can be pretty fun busting wax... With finding singles, especially for set needs, it can seem more like "business" than fun.

I enjoy both, they each have their own points. But it can be pretty fun busting wax... With finding singles, especially for set needs, it can seem more like "business" than fun.

EXACTLY what I was thinking. Granted I love flipping cards on eBay, but I think the hobby is wayyy more business-like then when I first got in.

You're right, but what I meant by "business" is that, when trying to fill set needs it's more of a duty than being fun.

You're right, but what I meant by "business" is that, when trying to fill set needs it's more of a duty than being fun.

yea i get you. i much rather bust a box and get a gu/au of my favorite player than just buy it or trade for it.

however i do like trading more than buying. getting rid of cards i dont like/need for something i would otherwise never pay for (or bust if it's a product im unfamiliar with) is fun. but busting is the way to go!

I like to do both. The older cards that I want I will usually buy the singles (mainly due to the dreaded expired redemption) and the newer stuff I like to buy the boxes and see what I can pull.

Wax all the way....

I havent busted anything since opening a wedding gift from one of my groomsmen:cool: Picked up some singles from COMC but nothing major...... paying for a wedding is rough. :scared:

Wax all the way....

I havent busted anything since opening a wedding gift from one of my groomsmen:cool: Picked up some singles from COMC but nothing major...... paying for a wedding is rough. :scared:

i heard that.

wish women understood that you could buy a lot of cards if you just got married in the courthouse.

I'm in the "both" crowd. I love the thrill of the hunt or chase when opening stuff, but I also enjoy the immediate satisfaction of getting exactly what you are looking for in a set.

Back