Would you pay more for a card number matching the player's jersey?

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Would you pay more than you would for the same cards that weren't numbered to match the player's jersey number? What I'm talking about is like an Emmitt Smith numbered 22/XX, or a Brett Favre numbered 4/XX.

I must admit, that I probably would if that player was a big time Cowboy.

If it is a player that I collect (Mario Manningham or Eli Manning), I would probably pay a little more for the card than I normally would as long as I don't already have the card.

Well.. not really no. I think it's a funny little bonus, but with my sets, and the price range they can end up in.. I'd gladly take #3/5 instead of 4/5..

And then again.. if, lets say a base card falls into your lap, listed at a few bucks more than it normally would.. then prolly yeah, I would :LOL:

But on expensive cards, no way..

I, personally, would not. I think that the numbered cards all have the same value, whether it is the #1 or the same as the jersey or anything else.

I probably would if it was a low numbered card (i.e., /10,/15,/25,/50, maybe even /100), but not if it was really high.

If it is one of my all-time fave players yes. If just a regular guy I sometimes collect it depends on the price. I do have limits even on my super collecting players Now who has any Sonny Jurgensen #9s?

Hmm? Yes, If the price is right, I have a few Darren Helm's that have his #/jersey, if it's a player I collect, I will always spend that extra buck to land it!

Never... I feel like that is an EBay gimick to get you to pay more for a card. I feel the same way about 1/50 or 50/50. If there are 50 cards then there are 50 cards. Just my opinion.

Back