Baseball World Series: 2015 Edition

captkirk42

Old School Vintage
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
There is an ancient World Series Thread (https://www.sportscardclub.com/threads/the-world-series-thread.25737/) that I was tempted to revive, but thought it best to start a new one for this 2015 Season.

Game 1 surprised me because of the going into extra innings thing. At around 11:00 PM that night I checked to see what the "final" score was and saw they are tied 4-4 and in the 11th or 12th inning. WT? I then followed it some online through Yahoo and stayed up way too late.:D

Then Game 2 the Royals dominated after the 5th inning.

After 2 games the Royals are leading the Mets 2-0 and play resumes tomorrow in NYC. The question seems to be can the Mets recover from this set back to make the series more interesting. I have never been one for lopsided championship series. I like to get my money's worth. On the other hand when it is MY team that is in the driver's seat I don't mind the quick sweeps.

I'm still a bit bitter at the Mets for what they did to my Nationals from around late Aug on. They got HOT at the right time and didn't get cold. The Nationals got cold and couldn't relight the fire. Also the Mets swept the Cubbies in the NLCS, so yes I would like to see the Royals finish up on top.

I think the Mets will take game 3, and if they don't, its game over for them...

I like watching the Royals play, it isn't about strikeout, strikeout, HR, strikeout, pop out, strikeout...they nickel and dime you with singles, walks, and steals...yes, they hit homeruns, and they do strikeout, but its more about putting the ball in play...what I would consider fundamental baseball...sure, it isn't flashy like hitting 4 solo homeruns in a game, but it gets the job done...

Ya game one i put on late as well and saw KC down 4-3 after 8 then went to do a few things came back in room and saw 4-4 went wow . Then game 2 another big win for KC Not a mets fan so i hope KC sweeps them . But if anything the mets pitching is strong and another strong starter for Fri .

don't know much about baseball, just knew if I was going to plunk down money it would have been for Mets last night...and if it goes back to KC for game 6 id toss a few bucks on KC

when I went to bed they were losing...get up and see they won...
I know i was flipping between the packers game and the Royals and thought well Packers are done and KC will be going home for another game. Get up this morning and come to work lookm on FB and see congrats KC on winning WS . I went to MLB.com and had to check . Just a great run by KC.

I was keeping loose track of the game when the Mets were up 2-0 thinking it would end that way. I was going to go to bed when I noticed it was 1-2 top of the 9th. Then when KC tied it and I saw it was going to go into extras I still semi-tracked it till the bottom of the 11th. I should have stayed up another half hour or so but didn't.

I'm glad the Royals won the series, I would have been annoyed if the Mets had pulled it out. I'm guessing many Mets fans (mostly the ones that hang out at the Yahoo sports forum) still want Collins fired.

Back