Who is your favorite MMA fighter?

hector234 said:
Since you are new, you have some catching up to do...

1st, BJ Penn is a great fighter, probably the best 155 lb fighter, but he got smashed by GSP when he moved up in weight. Also, excellent work ethics? BJ's problem and biggest question has always been his work ethics, the guy lost some fights because he was out of shape.

2nd, how is Machida relentless? I've seen a lot of Machida fights, even ones outside of the UFC, and he has never been relentless. The guy has a great gameplan, which is hit and run. But the last time I saw Machida fight, he was getting beat by Shogun (my 2ne fav. fighter). So that part of your observation is wrong aswell.

Yeah "relentless" isn't a word I would use to describe Machida. The guy circles the ring more than about any top-tier fighter I've ever seen. I'd call him "calculated" but not relentless. Doesn't mean he's not a great fighter, that's just not a good description of his fight style.

And yes hector, Werdum might literally get killed. I'm not even a huge fan of Fedor, but Fabricio has no business in a cage with Fedor.

The thing is, Strikeforce doesn't have any high level heavy weights, they have a lot of young prospects. So Wedum was basically the only option

hector234 said:
The thing is, Strikeforce doesn't have any high level heavy weights, they have a lot of young prospects. So Wedum was basically the only option
And Fedor is too scared to put his reputation on the line by going to the UFC where there are at least 5 heavyweights who could potentially beat him and end the myth of him being the greatest fighter in the world.

Brock Lesnar
Frank Mir
Shane Carwin
Minotauro
Cain Velazquez

Steve_O_21 said:
And Fedor is too scared to put his reputation on the line by going to the UFC where there are at least 5 heavyweights who could potentially beat him and end the myth of him being the greatest fighter in the world.

Brock Lesnar
Frank Mir
Shane Carwin
Minotauro
Cain Velazquez

He beat Minotauro twice though, and Mir would get smashed. Carwin is still too green for a fight with Fedor. Velasquez is too one dimensional, Kongo nearly knocked him out, Fedor would knock his head off. Brock would be a good fight though

hector234 said:
He beat Minotauro twice though, and Mir would get smashed. Carwin is still too green for a fight with Fedor. Velasquez is too one dimensional, Kongo nearly knocked him out, Fedor would knock his head off. Brock would be a good fight though

I think if Mir got him to the ground, he would either break one of his limbs or choke him out. Definitely don't think Mir could stand and bang with him, and Fedor just isn't going to tap.

I'm also basing my opinion off the Fedor that we've seen recently. He just doesn't seem like he's into it anymore. The fact that Brett Rogers rocked him really stood out to me.

hector234 said:

True but I think Mir has the best shot out of all these guys his stand up is the best out of all these guys.BTW I think we all know how good his ground game is. He wants to rip something off your body everytime.

Back