What would you do? (Ebay seller shipping issue)

Cool_Hand_Flash

I might be crazy.. Proof: I'm the co-owner.
Transactions: 6
I bought a card from a seller from the UK. Received the card today and it was in a PWE (plain white envelope).. Now, the seller didn't say it would be shipped in a PWE, didn't say it wouldn't either. The card wasn't damaged, but the top loader had a dent in it.

Should I leave neutral feedback? Negative? What would you do?

Well, if the card arrived like it was supposed to I would just leave a positive. However, if he charged you anything over $1 it might be worth it to send him an email and tell him you'd like a partial refund for part of the shipping fees.

Thats the thing, it was dirt cheap. But its way cheaper to send from the UK to here, as opposed to from the US to here.. And like I said, the card was fine.. It's just.. I'd kinda like a warning if the seller intends to ship in such an "unsafe" way, ya know?

Hmm, maybe leave positive but do like a "Seller shipped in PWE" kinda thing at the end?.. :unsure:

Not sure that I would give negative feedback, but it would have been nice to know how it was going to be shipped ahead of time.

Thats the thing, it was dirt cheap

Usually if the shipping is under $2 I'll send a message (if there's time) to find out how the seller will be shipping and ask if I can add another $1, or so, to send in a bubble mailer if they say they're sending in a PWE. If the shipping was cheap, though, and the card arrived in good condition I'd leave a positive just like I would for anyone else. Sellers aren't "required" to send in any manner in my opinion. The only thing they're "required" to do is get my cards to me safely. If they feel like a PWE will accomplish that, I'm fine with it.

IMHO, I'd leave positive feedback but send him a message letting him know "PWE's" are not acceptable and he should be careful in the future.

IMHO, I'd leave positive feedback but send him a message letting him know "PWE's" are not acceptable and he should be careful in the future.

Thats actually what I thought of when I thought it through.. thanks for your views guys :)

I would leave the positive feedback, as eBay is making it hard on you if you have any negatives. Then comment accoringly and message the member that this not a good practice.

Hmmm, if the shipping was cheap and the card wasn't damaged, id just left a positive.

I hate when people send in PWE, unless it's a very low end card and i didn't pay more than $1 for shipping.

Back