What do you do for a living?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pwolantern, Feb 7, 2012.

1. pwolantern

pwolanternTCZ's #1 Manningham collector

I was just curious to see what everyone does to make a living. I work in a steel processing shop that produces steel for Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, and Honda. Our biggest client is Chrysler (about 70% of out business). My main job is driving a lift truck and transporting the steel, I also operate the machines a little bit too.

2. Mike

MikeThrow Up The X! Staff Member

I work maintenance for the county that I live in. I'm also an EMT and used to be a reserve firefighter on our local fire department (something that I'm considering going back to).

3. pwolantern

Wow, sounds like you keep yourself pretty busy!

4. Mike

I live in a small town so the EMT/FF stuff doesn't take up too much time, and the normal job is just a 40 hour week. Well, sometimes I have to work a little overtime, but it's not often.

5. I'm a Crisis/Suicide Intervention Counselor of a helpline in my county. It's all over the phone, so we do that and also do the registration for individuals that are homeless and referral people to social service agencies. Also go to grad school full-time. but my real job is just saying 'yes' to my wife. over and over again.

6. You like it? It actually seems pretty cool.

7. that's what im sayin! lol

8. Mike

:lol: I have that EXACT same job!

9. it pays horribly. i think it actually costs me money :lol:

10. Cool_Hand_Flash

Cool_Hand_FlashI might be crazy.. Proof: I'm the co-owner.

Thats my full time job too!! (Well, so far she's only my fiancé) It pays great! Great food, great woman.. so a yes here and there is fine by me :lol:

But my official thing is.. Im insane.. so no job bwahahaha! But Im a writer and I draw.. Im working on finishing something that I hope will get published :)

11. pwolantern

I honestly really enjoy my job. I work with a great group of guys, and that matters a lot because we work 12 hour shifts.

And the wife thing, I think that I end up paying a lot more than I make :lol:

12. Jeremy

JeremyEu tu America?

Great to see Americans still holding down jobs in the auto industry... This outsourcing is going to be the end of America as we know it.

Too bad you're married.... Chicks love firefighters. :P

I see forgot to tell everyone your job is a few mins from the card shop. :P

And speaking of your wife....... I need to show you the pics of her/you @ the wedding.... :cool:

13. Jeremy

JeremyEu tu America?

As for my job....

Im a business consultant... I build/design websites and put together internet based marketing strategies for companies.

One day when I'm financially stable for the long haul..... I hope I can work for a charity in a 3rd world country...

14. franklinguy52

franklinguy52Mr. Baseball Staff Member

I am set up guy for the metal stamping department at Sumitomo. We supply many of the car makers with electrical connectors. I am also in school (a 40 year freshman) for business and coach high school swim team. Hopefully will be getting into the business world soon.

15. Jeremy

JeremyEu tu America?

Awesome.....

What part of business interests you? .... And good luck with your swim team....