Weird thing happened yesterday to me while on TCG

oregonweim

Bench Warmer
I have Vista, and strangely, i was on TCG yesterday (don't remember what forum) and all of a sudden Vista popped up some warning about accessing phissing websites? Crazy. Hasn't happened since and it was only on that one page.

phishing. What it means is a website designed to look like another website to get your info. (i.e. all those fake Paypal/eBay/ Bank login screens.

No clue how you would have gotten that message. Might ask Reiji but I am guessing it was a one time thing OR maybe it was completely unrelated to the site you were on and maybe you need to scan your PC for spyware.

you know when checking ip addys i have noticed that we have a "guest" and when you click on the ip addy, it comes up a bot, wonder if that has anything to do with it

you know when checking ip addys i have noticed that we have a "guest" and when you click on the ip addy, it comes up a bot, wonder if that has anything to do with it

No, the google bot is just gathering statistics. I get the stupid message on a number of sites and haven't gotten it here before as well.

Back