Ways You Can Help

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
In my experience there are always members who are looking for ways to help make the communities they frequent bigger and better, but don't always know exactly how to help. Here is a list of things that you, as members, can do to help SCC grow.

• Be Active Within The Community!
    • Trade! That's what we're all here for anyways, right? Well, start a thread, let us know what you're looking for, even if it's some totally obscure piece. If it exists, someone has it. Who knows, it could be one of our members! We don't know you want it if you don't tell us!
    • Start discussions of your own. We have forums for just about everything in the hobby, and even an off-topic forum for random discussions.
    • Join other forum discussions. People browsing the forum are more likely to join if there appear to be plenty of discussions going.
    • Answer other member's questions. New members are more likely to come back if they find the help they're looking for the first time.
    • Be friendly! Nobody wants to spend their time hanging out with a bunch of arrogant turds!
    • Tell us all about the latest packs and boxes you're opening, cards you've bought, or boxes you've busted.
  • Use Good, Descriptive, Thread Titles
    • If you're looking for help, you're more likely to get it with a good thread title. A thread titled "HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" isn't going to get as many quality replies as the exact same thread titled "How Much is This Card Worth?", or "How Should I Ship Certain Cards".
    • Threads with more descriptive titles are more likely to be looked at and replied to. Something such as "Will Upper Deck Replace Redemptions" or "How Long Should I Wait On a Redemption" are much better than just "Redemptions".
    • Think about what someone might type in a search engine because the title you choose is what the search engine users will see first.
  • Spread The Word
    • Tell your friends.
    • Follow us, or tweet about us, on Twitter.
    • Link to us from your own blog, or website.
    • Mention us on your eBay profile page, or in your auctions.
    • Use our "Share this page" buttons to share this site on all your social media. These share buttons are on just about every page on our site!
One more way you can help out is by using the following eBay link anytime you're planning on purchasing anything (doesn't have to be cards) on eBay. By your doing so, we'll get a small percentage of what you spend. It isn't much, but it helps keep the lights on around here.

Last edited:
I just wanted to bump this to remind folks of ways that they can help TCZ continue to grow.

Cool Mike. Added the link to my Ebay profile page and just tweeted it out. Thousands should be rolling in any minute now. ;)

Can you make me a banner hot link to post in my signature, not sure how to make one, or how do you make a link with your own words like this....

Trading Card Zone.....and you just click it!

Can you make me a banner hot link to post in my signature, not sure how to make one, or how do you make a link with your own words like this....

Trading Card Zone.....and you just click it!

Here is the code to add it into your signature on forums (if that's what you mean). Be aware, though, that on some forums it might not be allowed and you could be asked to remove it.

Code:
[url=https://www.sportscardclub.com]Sports Card Club[/url]

Last edited:
Is post #2 on this thread it?

The 2nd post in this thread is an old one that contained old image code. I'll update it today, if I get the chance. It wasn't intended for signatures, though. It was to be used on blogs and personal websites.

Here is the code to add it into your signature on forums (if that's what you mean). Be aware, though, that on some forums it might not be allowed and you could be asked to remove it.

Code:
[url=https://www.sportscardclub.com]Sports Card Club[/url]
Ok, Thanks! need to fix the one one I just put, Lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
As we're working to get some older threads moved into the newly created forums I can't help but notice how random some thread titles are. I'd like to remind everyone that we rely heavily on Google traffic to help make this site grow. In order for that to work, there has to be content on the site that people are searching for.

That said, please try to remember to use good, descriptive, titles for your threads. Something titled "2012-13 Panini Gold Standard Box Break" is a lot more likely to get picked up by Google than a thread titled "box break".

Also, when posting mail day threads, please remember that years, sometimes even just weeks, from now those images you posted could be gone. If there isn't any written info about what was in the photo, which is now gone, the thread is basically useless. This is something I'm going to have to work on, too, but it doesn't take but maybe 5-10 seconds to type "2010 Classics Dez Bryant Autograph /199" underneath an image.

Just wanted to revive this topic again to remind you all of ways you can help out. This site is nothing without members. If you have any other ideas, please let me know. As always, every single suggestion on SCC is considered!

Back