Tubberville to Arkansas rumor growing some legs

Tubs to Arkansas is growing many legs!!!

The Administrator on the AU Rivals site posted that there are several sources on the Auburn/Arky side that say Tubs to Arky is a done deal. He's scheduled to meet with our President on Sunday but this could be just to discuss the $6 mil buyout.

80% of the Rivals posters have already conceded that he is gone.

For those who don't know (or don't care), this is very similar to the Joe Torre saga.
95% of AU loves Tubs and wants to keep him. We have 3-4 'George Steinbrenner's' who love thier power and don't want to concede anymore to Tubs (Tubs wants more control regarding football issues, which he deserves).

If he leaves, it will be because he wasn't granted the 'extras' he's asking for. He probably realizes winning at Arky is tougher than winning at AU, but he wants to do things on his terms... which is fair.

I hope it's a smokescreen. Bobby Petrino is mentioned as the prominent replacement. We can win with him. We can also go on probation with him as well.:D

As I told you in a PM, this is just like Rich Rodriguez to Alabama. The SEC West is definitely having a crazy, crazy offseason.

He's definitely using Arky as leverage. Hopefully, our BOT blinks.

Our power brokers are to Auburn what Lenny is to the rabbits in 'Of Mice and Men'. :)

The latest I'm hearing is that Arkansas has raised the money to pay Tubs' buyout. And the contract rumor is 10 yrs/31.5 mil.

Tubs should meet with AU today (I hope). From credible sources, AU is prepared to give him much of what he needs... including upgrade of some facilities and better security for his assistants.

Tubs also would like his buyout waived going forward, but that is one thing AU isn't prepared to budge on.

Like sands through the hourglass....

Just read where the plane that was supposed to be taking Tubberville from Arkansas to Auburn has arrived....and he wasn't on it :shock:

Maybe the rumors are true, Jerry Jones really did pay the $6 million buyout......those dollars will be well spent helping fund the new basketball arena;)

*Still thinks Tubby stays because of Sexton being a genius*

Just read where the plane that was supposed to be taking Tubberville from Arkansas to Auburn has arrived....and he wasn't on it :shock:

Rivals Admin had a 2:50 update...

The plane carrying Tuberville and four Auburn assistants landed at the Auburn-Opelika airport at approximately 2 p.m. CT. The four assistants departed the plane at the terminal but Tuberville was let off and the end of the runway and driven away in a car without speaking to reporters.

Back