My PC TP9: Tony Parker Collection

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Since I've decided to aggressively try to rejuvenate this PC of mine I also wanted to share it with you guys. I'll keep an updated total of my progress at the bottom of this post for everyone to see, and I'll also occasionally share a photo of a random card in this collection.

My goal is to obtain at least 1 of every single Tony Parker card ever made, except ones numbered 1/1. I also do not collect cards with multiple players. I only collect cards that only have Tony Parker featured on them. I also do not collect duplicates. The only exceptions to that rule is serial numbered autographs, and jersey cards where the jersey pieces are different colors from ones that I already have.

To start showing this collection off, I'll share my favorite "set" of cards from this collection to date. I've always liked the looks of any "chrome" cards, so naturally as soon as I got my first Tony Parker Chrome rookie card I immediately wanted them all. It took me a while to find the black refractor version, but I did find it. This rainbow (if that's what you want to call it) wasn't nearly as hard to get as some others that I've seen, since there were only 3 cards, but I'm still proud of the fact that I do have the full set. So, here they are.

2001-02 Topps Chrome #155 Set
tonyParkerFinestRookies.jpg

This set (from left to right) includes the Topps Chrome base, the Topps Chrome Refractor, and the Topps Chrome Black Refractor.

I have to admit I'm a bit upset with myself, because at one point I actually ended up selling off quite a few of my autos, so these numbers don't reflect what this collection "was". Hopefully I'll be able to beef that number up soon.

Totals

Relics: 43
Autographs: 12

Total Cards: 304

Last edited:
I'm not going to promise this will be updated daily, but I will do my best.

Today's add is my only graded TP9 to date. As you can see, it's graded a 9.5. All 4 sub-grades are a 9.5 as well. It's a lower end rookie, but it is a beauty.

2001-02 Topps Pristine #109
01-02ToppsPristine109.jpg

So you've seen my favorite Tony Parker "set", and my only graded card. Now let me show off the best autograph from this collection, as of now.

I actually purchased this card on eBay around 4 years ago, and it's still my favorite Tony Parker auto.

2007-08 Exquisite Collection Limited Logos #LLPA Tony Parker
07-08UpperDeckExquisiteLimitedLogosLLTP.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality. The scratches are from the scanner and the magnetic. I'll try to rescan it this evening for those of you who want to check back for a better look.

So, I'm just coming up on 1 week in and I've already missed 4 days. I guess it's not going as good as I'd hoped. :LOL: I'll make up for it today, though, by just showing 4 cards.

When I started this PC I decided that I wouldn't try to collect more than 1 of each card (unless they were low numbered autos/GUs). That changed, however, when I saw 2 cards that were the same card, but still looked different. That's when I decided that from now on, I will collect 2 identical cards, if they have different colored memorabilia pieces in them. At this time, though, I only have 2 (4 counting the dupes) of those examples. One of the cards I actually just got in the mail today, but all 4 of them I'll show here today.

First up, are the 2x 2005-06 SPx Winning Materials #TP.

05-06SPxWinningMaterialsTP_2.jpg

05-06SPxWinningMaterialsTP.jpg

Next, 2x 2007-08 Ultra SE Season Crowns #SC9.

07-08UltraSESeasonCrownsSC9.jpg

07-08UltraSESeasonCrownsSC9_2.jpg

Here is today's TP9 addition. One I actually got in today's mail.

2006-07 Upper Deck Trilogy Blue #52 /66
06-07UpperDeckTrilogyBlue52.jpg

So, I guess this has turned into more of a "just whenever" updated thread than a daily updated thread. Maybe I should just shoot for at least 2 a week! :LOL:

Anyways, here's a look at my only multi-colored patch card. I actually picked this one up on eBay years ago for under $3 delivered, if memory serves me correctly. It was cheap, though, whatever it was I paid.

2003-04 Fleer Patchworks Courting Greatness Jerseys Patches #TP /150
03-04FleerPatchworksCourtingGreatnessJerseysPatchesTP.jpg

Time to get this thread going again, finally. This time we're looking at a pair of cards from 2002-03 Finest. I've seen a few with different colored swatches, but I've been unable to obtain those to this point.

2002-03 Finest #151 /999
02-03Finest151.jpg

2002-03 Finest Refractors #151 /250
02-03FinestRefractors151.jpg

Here's a look at what is still my only buyback auto, from any sport. I actually bought this one off of @aceecards quite some time ago.

2004-05 Ultimate Collection Buybacks #124
2004-05-ultimate-collection-buybacks-124-tony-parker.jpg

Last edited:
Back