Today's Hits! Had some major mojo this morning!

XianSPL

Prospect
Transactions: 3
Okay so I should have been patient and saved the little money I had to waste on cards for LiveCaseBreak but you guys know how it is. Sometimes you just want to break something and it has to be NOW!

Anyway, strolled down to my LCS and figured I'd bust a box of 2012 Gypsy Queen to see how close I could come to making a set. I like set building and I like Gypsy Queen so it seemed like a good fit. While I was there, I saw a relatively inexpensive box of 2011 Panini Prime Signatures and figured I'd give it a shot for funsies.

I pop the Panini open first since it was only 4 cards. I was immediately impressed by the look of the cards as I had never seen them before. I smiled as I passed the Irving Fryar /499 and the Anquan Boldin /499. Then I saw my Rashard Mendenhall Green /25 and was pretty darn happy! I forgot all about those three cards though when I saw the hit. That's right. A Cam Newton RC on card auto 28/199. Oh man, of all the hits I could have gotten from that product, few would have been sweeter. I was on cloud nine!

So once I got Mr. Newton into his magnetic, I tore open the box of Gypsy Queen. It went a little something like this:

Base
Base
Base
Base
Base
Ooh, that's a cool looking blue bordered Ernie Banks
Base
Base
Base
Oh yay, ANOTHER Brandon Belt auto *sarcasm*
Base
Base
Ooh, I think that DiMaggio is a short print
Base
Base
Base
Yu Darvish Base
Base
Base
Base
Wait a minute ...
Yu Darvish doesn't have a base card in Gypsy Queen. Double You Tee Eff????

Ah yes, the elusive Yu Darvish #288 from Gypsy Queen. I can't tell you how quickly my confusion turned to elation when I remembered the checklist info and realized what I had stumbled upon!

It was definitely a great morning. As for the picture below, my apologies for its blurriness ... I don't own a camera (or good camera phone) at the moment so I had to take a picture with my crappy webcam.

Behold my victory!

xerbjd.jpg

Back