TCZ Server Upgrade

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
I was notified today by our datacenter that the operating system that is on TCZ's server will reach its end of life in March so it was recommended, in order to continue to receive the latest software and security updates, that we upgrade to a newer operating system. To do that, the server must be taken offline for some time while the upgrade process is completed.

The expected downtime is supposed to last "15 minutes to 1~ hour".

I'm still trying to figure out when the downtime is expected to start, but these upgrades are being processed on a first come first serve basis so there may not be any prior warning before it happens.

So, if TCZ appears offline soon, this is why. I'll keep this thread updated with any new information that I get regarding this upgrade as I get it.

Just got word that because these upgrades are being processed in the order they're requested that we will not have any kind of warning as to when the site will be offline. The guy did say, though, that the downtime has been as low as 9 minutes in most cases, so that's some good news I suppose.

Anyways, like I said, if you notice TCZ is offline soon, this is most likely why and, hopefully, it won't last long.

The upgrade has now been completed. They were unable to transfer one piece of software so, as of now, the search function is not working. I will get that fixed as soon as possible. Other than that, though, everything else should be working just fine. If you do notice any problems, please let me know so I can try to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Back