Super Mario Williams to the Bills

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Probably the biggest free agent available this off-season, other than Peyton, and the Bills have successfully signed Mario Williams to a reported 6 year $100 million deal with $50 million of it guaranteed. The guaranteed $50 million will make this the highest paid deal, for a defensive player, in NFL history. Now, I know Super Mario is a great player, but did the Bills overpay to get him? I tend to think maybe they did!

It was kibda in the cards when he had his fiancé flown up there.. Amazing piece to add for the Bills, not where I wanted him to go, but oh well :p

Overpaid? Very few players arent overpaid. But considering he is the best d-line player in the league.. nah, who am I kidding, yes he is way over paid :LOL:

Overpaid...yes! I think that almost every player in every major sport is overpaid, but he is a great player that will do some big things in Buffalo.

What I mean is do y'all think he is overpaid relative to other players. Is he really worthy of having the highest salary in NFL history for a defensive player? I really don't think so, at all. I think I could easily name 10 defensive players that I would sign ahead of him, just of active players, and that's not counting guys who have already retired.

10? Really? I'd put him in the Top 5.. I think..

E. Reed, C. Woodson, T. Polamalu, P. Willis and Super Mario? Who else before?

Hmm.. Ware and Matthews.. and David Harris.. well he's top 10 at least! :LOL: :p

I'd also likely put Jared Allen, Darrelle Revis, Dwight Freeney, Julius Peppers, Ray Lewis, James Harrison, Brian Urlacher, (maybe) Terrell Suggs, and Ndomukong Suh (sp?) on the list ahead of him. Along with all the ones you listed, other than David Harris. He would easily make my top 20, and possibly top 15, but definitely NOT my top 10 among active players.

Back