Someone is trying to hack my E-Bay acct.

Krusin

retired hippie
Just got an e-mail from E-Bay, I'm hiding the recover link & the IP addy of the requester. Thinking about locking everything down with a long password. Not sure what I can do with the IP addy but if anything were to happen it's evidence -

Dear tn_krusin,

This email was sent automatically by eBay in response to your request to recover your password. This is done for your protection; only you, the recipient of this email can take the next step in the password recover process.

To reset your password and access your account either click on the yellow button on the right or copy and paste the following link into the address bar of your browser:
https://signin.ebay.com/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

If you did not forget your password, please ignore this email.

This request was made from:
IP address: XXXXXXXXX
ISP host: XXXXXXXXX

Last edited by a moderator:
Tracked it down to China

IP Address XXXXXXXXXXX Area Code -
Country Code CN IDD Code 86
Country Name China China Time Zone +08:00
Region Henan ISP China Unicom Henan Province Network
City Zhengzhou Domain CHINAUNICOM.COM
Report Error Report Incorrect Location Connection Type DSL
Coordinates Google Map 34°45'28"N 113°38'55"E Weather Station Code CHXX0165
Postal Code - Weather Station Name Zhengzhou
Weather Status View Live Weather

Need IP geolocation database for your web site? You can get it from IP2Location.com immediately.

Need IP address location detection service in your web site? You can get it from FraudLabs.com immediately.

Need multiple IP address to test the geolocation features of your web site? You can get it from LocaProxy.com now.

Need solution for credit card fraud detection? You can get it from FraudLabsPro.com now.

Need the world major cities database? You can get it from GeoDataSource.com now.

Find out more information about geolocation at Geolocation.com.

Back