Site Restored from Backup

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Unfortunately there was a major problem today that caused us to lose all of the files currently on our server. The good news is that we did have a backup of the site. The bad news is that the backup was from November 5. What that means is that any changes to the site (posts, avatars, PMs, transactions, etc) since November 5 have been reverted.

I know it's a little late now, but we will be working on a solution for daily, rather than weekly, backups so we won't lose so much data in case something like this happens again in the future.

Again, sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused, but these types of things do happen.

What was the cause?
PM if you need a reliable host with daily R1soft backups.

Well, honestly, the cause was me being an idiot and completely removing the site from the server. Doh! :facepalm:

Our host does keep daily backups, but they're only available in case of hardware failure, not brain failure. I've been doing a lot more regular backups since, though, and will likely write a script that will take daily backups and upload them to my home server sometime in the very near future.

Well, honestly, the cause was me being an idiot and completely removing the site from the server. Doh! :facepalm:

Our host does keep daily backups, but they're only available in case of hardware failure, not brain failure. I've been doing a lot more regular backups since, though, and will likely write a script that will take daily backups and upload them to my home server sometime in the very near future.

Sounds good brother. As the site grows you should probably consider automated backups to a cloud server but backing home to the home server is a great idea for now.

Back