should the NBA try the NHL fantasy draft?

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Cool_Hand_Flash, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Cool_Hand_Flash

Cool_Hand_Flash I might be crazy.. Proof: I'm the co-owner.

I think they should.. that would be so cool to watch. I loved watching the NHL players draft, you get two very unique teams.. besides the captains picking countrymen and teammates..

Think it could work with hoops? :)

2. Mike

Mike Throw Up The X! Staff Member

I have no idea what you're even talking about. I guess I'll have to do some research to see what it is. :lol:

3. Cool_Hand_Flash

Oh.. :lol: Well, there are two captains, and each take turns drafting one of the selected/fan voted all stars. They have to have picked three goalies by round 10, and all six defense men by round 15.. It's a "live" fantasy style draft. A great Idea imo..

[video=youtube_share;HXjfwzV3DAc]http://youtu.be/HXjfwzV3DAc[/video]

4. I had no idea what you meant either lol. but yea that sounds like a very good idea. Personally I think the Slam Dunk Contest means more than the actual game. and the Pro Bowl sucks. just throwing that out there.

5. Cool_Hand_Flash

Well, I just saw today that they're doing this with the rookie game..

Shaq and Barkley will be picking players, mixing rooks with second year players.. Im guessing if thats a hit, next year the real all star game will be the same way?.

6. Hopefully, I just wish they could make it mean something. No one plays defense.