Seriously, how doesn't this sell for at least $13 shipped ?

Loved that set way back when. Barry :cheers:

Probably just too many Bonds cards out there, and not much appreciation for the old inserts. Plus there's still a segment of the general population that blindly hates the greatest HR hitter of his generation...

A Nolan Ryan went for nearly $70 shipped, but a Boggs PSA 10 was $4.99 with only one bid ? God Damn people :wall: ...

:secret: i pulled a Bonds on a medicated late night break that i didnt realize i pulled for several months when i was going back through the cards :wall:

Loved that set way back when. Barry :cheers:

Probably just too many Bonds cards out there, and not much appreciation for the old inserts. Plus there's still a segment of the general population that blindly hates the greatest HR hitter of his generation...

blindy? the guy is the biggest asshole to ever pickup a baseball bat. then there is the fact that he did roids too and wont admit to it.

If he would come out and admit it, I wouldnt care as much, but he wont do that.

Hammerin' Hank will always be the HR King :salut:

An admission wouldn't change much, you are correct on that. However, Barry still dominated the most tainted era of baseball. His accomplishments shouldn't be blindly hated or shunned aside (thus my use of the word in the first post), and he should be appreciated for his play on the field, not what he's done for everyone or his general demeanor towards the fans or media. Thus the negativity towards him remains at a certain stagnant level, rather than adjusted as time shows that a great percentage of players were hopped up on something at the time. It certainly doesn't make what he's done right, but rather it just is what it is in the context of the discussion.

But I don't want to ruin Dave's thread on an awesome early 90's insert set, so I'll leave it at that. I practically wrote a book on this same subject on the old CP.

Yeah, but wasn't Bonds also hitting all those HRs against pitchers (minus Greg Maddux) who all could have been juiced up as well.

:shifty:

Hate Bonds post Pirates. Love Donruss Elite cards before '95. Still can't believe this thing didn't get snagged :wall: ...

Back