Roger Goodell's Salary.....

Is Roger Goodell Over Paid????

• Total voters

Jeremy

Bench Warmer
Roger Goodell reportedly will make $20 million per season by the end of his current contract. That figure set off Falcons receiver Roddy White, who posted his displeasure Monday at the commissioner's salary on his Twitter account.

-- Roddy White tweet on Roger Goodell's salary

"How in the hell can u pay a man this much money that cant run tackle or catch," White wrote, posting a link to a ProFootballTalk.com story which referenced the Sports Business Journal's report on Goodell's compensation.

"Roger Goodell is getting over never seen anything like it 20 million for looking over the league with tremendous help I guess the NFL is banking," he continued. "The NFL is not a company it's a nonprofit organization that makes a lot of profit."

When one of White's followers pointed out that Goodell is running the biggest sports league in the country, White took offense.

"Thats the stupidest thing i have ever heard the players make this league dont ever forget that," he wrote.

Several NFL players took shots at Goodell during the NFL's lockout but criticism of the commissioner since last summer's labor agreement hasn't been as frequent.

White, who signed a six-year, $50 million extension with the Falcons in 2009, isn't shy to voice his opinion on Twitter. In 2010 he apologized after ripping the Saints and the city of New Orleans in a series of tweets.

Interestingly, Falcons owner Arthur Blank is the chairman of the NFL compensation committee that approved Goodell's extension through the 2018 season.

One of White's followers asked the receiver in a tweet if he expected to be fined for questioning Goodell's salary.

"I hope not im praying not i need my money," he wrote.

Oh he is definitely overpaid, but his salary is fairly consistent with the salary of other professional sport commissioners. That said, I think most of the players in the NFL (and other sports) are overpaid too. In fact, if you're involved in some way with a professional sport, you're probably overpaid.

Let me also add that if Roddy White "needs his money" he probably should have just let this one go. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get fined by either the NFL or his team.

Almost everyone in sports are overpaid.. but that Goodell is making that much, being that lousy.. is honestly a joke..

he sucks.

Oh he is definitely overpaid, but his salary is fairly consistent with the salary of other professional sport commissioners. That said, I think most of the players in the NFL (and other sports) are overpaid too. In fact, if you're involved in some way with a professional sport, you're probably overpaid.

Let me also add that if Roddy White "needs his money" he probably should have just let this one go. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get fined by either the NFL or his team.

I agree with both 100%%%%%%

Back