Panini America Unveils the World's Longest Football Card in 2011 National Treasures

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Here is a look at Panini's latest addition into their trading card line. It is the world's longest football card, available only in 2011 Panini National Treasures. There are 5 copies of this "card" which stands in at over 8 feet long. That is much taller than any of the players featured in the card including their cleats and helmet. The card features 36 players, with a jersey piece and autograph, of each.

Take a look at the video and let us know what you think about this behemoth of a card.

Where or how would you even store something like that?

I'm hoping that it would come in some kind of case, or something. If not, I have no idea. If I had it, though, I would build a custom frame for it and hang it above the computer. :LOL:

It's cool and everything but what pwolantern said came to my mind immediately. You'd have to make some 5x100 frame. :jawdrop: :ROFLMAO:

:huh:

What the?... Why? Who?.. what?! :huh:

I mean, the pieces them selves look great.. but whats the flippin point? :mellow:

I thought I had chimed in here on this but I guess not. First of all let me say that I don't really like the "booklet" idea for cards. To me that automatically makes it a Non-Card. It becomes a "Booklet". I guess it's just the old school in me not wanting to accept one of these New school trends. Some of the booklets I've seen sort of make sense and are OK looking, but when they put umpty um number of players on a single "card" it tends to get a bit crowded. I don't mind dual autos or sometimes even triple autos, but anything more is sort of pushing things I'm not really big into the dual sided auto things and needless to say since I don't actively do GU I'm not into those when they are dual sided.

That record thing makes no sense what-so-ever and when together it doesn't even look attractive. They just did it to do the record thing and attention.

That record thing makes no sense what-so-ever and when together it doesn't even look attractive. They just did it to do the record thing and attention.

I agree completely, and feel like they accomplished both feats to the fullest. I just can't wait to see what Topps comes up with now. A 10 foot long card? Maybe a card that when unfolded turns into a perfectly square poster that has 40 players on it instead of 36? :LOL:

Meh. It's just 30 cards hinged together. That's not "a football card", longest or otherwise. I'm not a huge fan of gimmicks and this is nothing but. I mean, it'd be a great hit for someone to get 30 auto relics in one shot, for sure. But hell, if I hit it and didn't care about whether it would devalue the card, I'd just cut the dang hinges and have 30 beautiful cards to display.

That's not to say I don't like booklets. I do. A lot. But I think a tri-fold should be where it's capped. Anything more than that is just a card company screaming for attention.

Meh. It's just 30 cards hinged together. That's not "a football card", longest or otherwise. I'm not a huge fan of gimmicks and this is nothing but. I mean, it'd be a great hit for someone to get 30 auto relics in one shot, for sure. But hell, if I hit it and didn't care about whether it would devalue the card, I'd just cut the dang hinges and have 30 beautiful cards to display.

That's not to say I don't like booklets. I do. A lot. But I think a tri-fold should be where it's capped. Anything more than that is just a card company scamming for attention.

I agree. Last sentence corrected for Truth :LOL:

Back