Baseball Opening Day

franklinguy52

Mr. Baseball
Staff member
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Opening day, for most clubs, is just 7 days away! Would anybody like to make some very early predictions for their teams?

My Reds did very little in the offseason, except for getting a new Manager. I still believe that they have a team that can compete for the division title. Billy Hamilton could become the big story of the season, if he comes anywhere close to his stolen base records that he set in the Minor Leagues (he stole 155 bases in 2012). If he can get on base at good clip, the rest of the line-up should fall in place very well. The pitching staff may not have the elite ace but is solid one through five and the bullpen should continue to be a bright spot for the team, with Chapman surviving the line drive to the face and looking to be back to closing in May. My prediction is 94 wins and run at the division title.

For my homie Nats my minimum wish is obviously to have a winning season (better than .500 not just barely at .500) and to at least make the playoffs. They don't have to go to the series, but it would be real nice. I'd like 90 wins and the division.

As for my other semi-homie team the O's it would be nice to see them get to the playoffs as well.

For my homie Nats my minimum wish is obviously to have a winning season (better than .500 not just barely at .500) and to at least make the playoffs. They don't have to go to the series, but it would be real nice. I'd like 90 wins and the division.

As for my other semi-homie team the O's it would be nice to see them get to the playoffs as well.

I think both of these teams have a ton of young talent and may be able to make a serious run this year. The Nats are at a pivotal year where all of the youngsters need to learn to put it all together, stay healthy and make a deep run in the playoffs. The O's are for real and should be a favorite in the American League, along with the usual suspects. Could be a very fun year for you @captkirk42

Have tickets to Sundays nats/braves game. I'm a braves fan and devastated by the loss of medlan and beachy. We go from high prospects of repeating the division to maybe not making playoffs. I don't think offense improved much to get us enough runs with shaky pitching.

Nats are a good team, I don't think they will have any issues ending over .500. I don't see the mets or marlins have a chance at division.

Well it's no surprise but I'm not usually into baseball so I really have no idea what to expect from the Rangers. I know they've been in the playoffs the last few years and, from what I can tell, they haven't done anything to make the team worse so I fully expect them to be in the playoffs at least. Where they go from there, who knows.

That said, don't look for them to blow it up from the start. Profar tore a muscle in his shoulder and is expected to lose a few months to start the season so their infield just took a huge hit right off the bat. Great!

Looking forward to this year, just got my tickets yesterday for the Tigers/Twins game on June 14th (my wedding anniversary), we will be in the first row on the third base line

Looking forward to this year, just got my tickets yesterday for the Tigers/Twins game on June 14th (my wedding anniversary), we will be in the first row on the third base line
Sounds like a perfect anniversary! With that pitching staff, the Tigers will once again be a favorite in the AL!

For the record:

ONLY 4 MORE DAYS!
1606973_10152361976533760_160418272_n.jpg

That guys looks like he's praying. He's probably thanking God that he doesn't have to play against the Rangers this season. :blackeye: :D

Back