Football Official Dallas Cowboys Talk

Me thinks they brought back Romo a week or two too soon. OUCH. Sorry Cowboy fans looks like he is done for the season.

Dang ... didn't know there were these threads on here. Cowboys fan here ( shocker .. I know ). Have any of you guys been to a Redskins game in Washington ? I'm trying to get a group together to go this year since the game is early in the season for a change.

OK ... I'm back on the Cowboys thread where I belong :cool: ... who we going to pick at #4 ? Ramsey ?

Best player available who isn't an offensive lineman which, yes, will be Ramsey if he's still there at #4. Then in round 2, I grab Derrick Henry if he's still there, a quarterback if there are any we like left, or the best available pass rusher.

While Henry would be hard to pass up , I still go defense early & often. I like the Morris pick up from Washington and think he'll be a good combo with McFadden.

While Henry would be hard to pass up , I still go defense early & often. I like the Morris pick up from Washington and think he'll be a good combo with McFadden.

Oh, I can certainly see how they'd absolutely go in with that mindset. It's just my personal preference to take Henry. McFadden still worries me a bit with his injury history and I'm not 100% sold on Morris either.

Nice article Mike. I was curious if the length of their careers was a factor with the number of interceptions. The assumption being of course the longer the career the more interceptions. That seems to be of little significance because it looks like most of them played between 10-12 years with Romo being at year 12/13. All of them seem to have only been Cowboys in their careers (except for White who was in the WFL the year it was around) so the team seems to be consistent in many ways. Many NFL teams are constantly changing their QBs. I have always thought that Staubach was the Cowboys best overall QB. Looks like he is somewhere in the middle, and your boy Tony is on track to be #1. I think he only has a couple of years left in him though. He likes to play with his broken ribs. He also seems to be ALL or Nothing.

Thanks. I figured that's what a lot of people would say, which is why I wanted to look up the percentages. Regardless of years, those percentages, per pass, can't be skewed. I most definitely don't think he's the best quarterback to ever play for the Cowboys. I think a lot of things go in to those numbers, and not just the quarterbacks themselves. Just like wins and losses, all those quarterbacks have to have the right pieces around them to make themselves look better too. My main point, really, was just to say that the people who don't think the Cowboys can win with Romo are just plain wrong.

Back