New to the forum

rtndtcards

Bench Warmer
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and looking to rekindle my younger days when I loved collecting cards. The game seems to have changed a lot but I'm up for learning. As a physician-in-training, I could use the diversion.

Welcome aboard! Do you still have your collection from when you were younger, or are you starting all over again?

Welcome to Sports Card Club.

Let's hear about who and what you are collecting... let's see if the members here can help you get back into collecting!

I only my old collections, including the big 3 (basketball, baseball, and football). My most 'prized' cards include A Topps Jerry Rice Rookie card and a Hank Aaron (have to look up the brand and year). I also have a few full box sets of baseball and football.

It's a neat time to get back into collecting, IMO. I like the stuff coming out now as opposed to the 1980s and 1990s (the heyday of sports card collecting). I enjoy the older classics too though.

I'd like to see the value of those cards (last post) and others. It looks like EBay and amazon are the best places to start, correct?

Welcome!

I think eBay is a good place as well as amazon. Other good places to look and buy are beckett.com and comc.com. Of course, people sell and trade here too. Sometimes you can find better deals trading with people here...less hassle than eBay so lower costs.

I'm more of an older collector myself. I have picked up some newer stuff...but I have stayed pretty specific with newer products. You have to be careful with some newer cards because they aren't always what they appear to be.

Anyway, welcome to SCC!

1. 1986 Jerry Rice (Topps) rookie card. 2. Hank Aaron 1969 card (T.C.G.).
Very nice. I have been thinking about picking up a graded Rice rookie for quite some time...I think that card is an absolute classic.

I also love vintage baseball cards...especially of the Braves. I think my favorite Hank Aaron is the 1961 Topps, just an absolutely classic looking card.

Yeah, those were my 'holy grails' back in the day with the HA being the top dawg. If interested in a picture, let me know.
If you want to post a pic...go ahead. I have seen both of those cards before, but they certainly are classics...and I've never seen your examples. My "Holy Grail" is my Joe Montana RC. It's not my most valuable, but it will always be my favorite.

Back