Minor Leagues graphing thread

I finally made it to another Hot Rods game (the fact that it was team card set giveaway night was a big factor!) They were playing the Indians single A team, who I was hoping to get their #1 position player prospect (Fransisco Lindor), but he was at the futures game. I will get him next next time. But, I did well with the home team:

pictures61412095-2.jpg

Currently #7 on the Rays prospect list.
This is my 6th auto by him, but he is going to very good and it never hurts to have extras!

pictures61412095-5.jpg

Currently #5 on the Rays prospect list. Started the season on fire but is currently on the DL.
I also got him to sign a Louisville Slugger mini bat.

pictures61412095-4.jpg

Currently #16 on the Rays list, but he is a !st baseman and that is one the weakest positions in the minors for the Rays.

pictures61412095-3.jpg

#13 on the prospect list, but was a 1st round pick last year.

This team put 8 players on the All-Star team this year, which is unheard of at any level.

I also began to work on getting the team set signed and picked up 17 autos including the a couple of coachs. Her is what the set looks like this year:
pictures61412095-1.jpg

They do a nice job on these every year.

Like I have said before, one of the great things about the minor leagues is picking up the occasional auto of a former major leaguer. Tonight, to promote his new book, Denny McClain was at the ballpark signing free autographs. He was the last pitcher to win 30 games in a season. Here it is:

e5aa6c3d-1.jpg

Signed it
Denny McClain
31-6, 1968
CY 68-69
MVP 68

He actually signed a couple of things for me, but the other is going to make its way to a particular Tiger fan on TCZ, and I will let him show it off.
Pretty cool guy.

Very cool that you can get a former league MVP's auto. That is awesome!

He actually signed a couple of things for me, but the other is going to make its way to a particular Tiger fan on TCZ, and I will let him show it off.

But not as awesome as that! Very nice gesture, from a great member. These are the types of things that the hobby is all about! Awesome Troy!

I haven't made it to many games laetly, but this is the end of the regular season for the minor leagues and there was a double header. I only picked up 1 auto but it was the one that I was after. Jacque Jones is the hitting coach for the Fort Wayne Tincaps and I had some stuff for him. At the beginning of the game he didn't come over to do any signing but waved and was joling with everybody, so I thought I would catch him between games and I did. He was super nice and didn't have much time but stood and talked for a few minutes. Only got 1 auto but I think that ot looks good on this jersey card that I had of him:

PicturesfromterrisIPHONE227-1.jpg

Still have the playoffs and some top prospects coming to town so I will probably try some later in the week. Thanks for reading.

There have been a lot of Bowling Green Hot Rod players in the news for the wrong reasons lately. I know three were suspended for testing positive for a drug of abuse and Josh Sale was just suspended for performance-enhancing drugs. I hate it when the Minor League season comes to an end. I wish the Louisville Bats would have had a better season this year, but they where playing with a Double-A roster for the most part.

Yeah, I can't believe all of the issues that came up with the the Hot Rods, hopefully those kids will get straightened out because they are all very good players. The Bats started the season behind the 8 ball, after all of the off season trades but next year the talent should begin to step up a bit more with the likes of Billy Hamilton and such.

I can't wait to get Hamilton's autograph when he comes to town. I hope the caravan is pretty good this year when it comes to Louisville. Hopefully Todd Frazier or Zack Cozart are some of the players on the trip. I never got their graphs when they were down with the Bats. I saw something interesting about Billy Hamilton the other day when I was browsing the Arizona Fall League Rosters. He is slated to play in the outfield.

Yeah, I can't believe all of the issues that came up with the the Hot Rods, hopefully those kids will get straightened out because they are all very good players. The Bats started the season behind the 8 ball, after all of the off season trades but next year the talent should begin to step up a bit more with the likes of Billy Hamilton and such.

Yeah, I have been expecting them to move him because there really isn't a spot in the infield with the Reds, and it could put some pressure on Drew Stubbs to perform on a daily basis. The Reds always do a great job on the caravans so I am sure there will be some top notch guys. I actually have tickets to the Redfest in Cincy where I should be able to get several nice autographs.

Back