LiveCaseBreak: FREE Case Break 2011 Topps Tier 1 Baseball

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Every month LCB does a free case break of some hobby product, from various sports. This month they're doing a FREE 6 case break of 2011 Topps Tier 1 baseball, one of the hottest baseball products of the year! They have been kind enough to let us give away one of the slots in the case break, so we've come up with a small contest, that's easy to enter. Remember, a winner MUST be chosen by Wednesday night so if you want to enter, do it now!

How to enter.

Write a short story explaining why you should be the one who gets this free spot in the group break. All entries must be submitted by Wednesday at noon, and a winner will be chosen at around 6pm EST on Wednesday.

Click here for more information about LCB's Monthly FREE Case Break.

im not the best writer so ill try to keep it short and sweet! why should i get this spot. i love all sports and due to serving for the good ol usa i was always to busy to collect cards any more. or i was always gone. eather it was for deployments or training. i use to collect all sports until my card collection was stolen when i was a young kid when my moms 65 mustang was stolen such a sad day ther. i use to always bring my big binder to the sports store in the mall when we would go. and that day i left the card sin the car and the car got stolen. now that im out of the army and have time to start collecting im trying to build up my collection to show off and to past down to my kids one day. i hope with this awesome entry i can be considered for the spot.

Have you heard the tale of the black knight on the black horse?

Well, the black knight on the black horse rode up to the castle of the king and was stopped by a guard who calls out, “Who goes there!?” and the black knight on the black horse replies, “I am the black knight on the black horse and I’m here to see the King!” So the guard lets him through and the King calls out, “Who goes there?” and the black knight on the black horse replies, “I am the black knight on the black horse and I want to marry your daughter the princess.” So the King thinks about it and finally decides, “OK I’ll let you marry her if you can bring me the ruby ring from the ruby dragon.”

So the black knight on the black horse travels for miles and miles over deserts and through woods and up mountains till he finds the ruby dragon and the ruby dragon calls out, “who goes there?” and the black knight on the black horse replies, “I am the black knight on the black horse and I want your ruby ring so I can marry the princess.” So the dragon thinks about it and decides to give the black knight on the black horse the ruby ring (it was a kind dragon).

So the black knight on the black horse rides back to the castle and is once again stopped by a guard who calls out, “Who goes there!?” and the black knight on the black horse replies, “I am the black knight on the black horse and I’m here to see the King!” So the guard lets him through and the King calls out, “Who goes there?” and the black knight on the black horse replies, “I am the black knight on the black horse, I’ve brought you the ruby ring from the ruby dragon and I want to marry your daughter the princess.” So the King thinks about it and finally decides, “OK I’ll let you marry her if you can bring me the emerald ring from the emerald dragon.”

So the black knight on the black horse travels for miles and miles over deserts and through woods and up mountains till he finds the emerald dragon and the emerald dragon calls out, “who goes there?” and the black knight on the black horse replies, “I am the black knight on the black horse and I want your emerald ring so I can marry the princess.” So the dragon thinks about it and decides to give the black knight on the black horse the emerald ring (it was a kind dragon).

So the black knight on the black horse rides back to the castle and is once again stopped by a guard who calls out, “Who goes there!?” and the black knight on the black horse replies, “I am the black knight on the black horse and I’m here to see the King!” So the guard lets him through and the King calls out, “Who goes there?” and the black knight on the black horse replies, “I am the black knight on the black horse, I’ve brought you the ruby ring from the ruby dragon and the emerald ring from the emerald dragon and I want to marry your daughter the princess.” So the King thinks about it and finally decides, “OK I’ll let you marry her if you can bring me the diamond ring from the diamond dragon.”

So the black knight on the black horse travels for miles and miles over deserts and through woods and up mountains till he finds the diamond dragon and the diamond dragon calls out, “who goes there?” and the black knight on the black horse replies, “I am the black knight on the black horse and I want your diamond ring so I can marry the princess.” So the dragon thinks about it and says no. So they fight for three days till the black knight on the black horse slays the diamond dragon and rides back to the castle with the diamond ring.

He is once again stopped by a guard who calls out, “Who goes there!?” and the black knight on the black horse replies, “I am the black knight on the black horse and I’m here to see the King!” So the guard lets him through and the King calls out, “Who goes there?” and the black knight on the black horse replies, “I am the black knight on the black horse, I’ve brought you the ruby ring from the ruby dragon and the emerald ring from the emerald dragon and the diamond ring from the diamond dragon and I want to marry your daughter the princess.” So the King thinks about it and finally decides, “OK I’ll let you marry her, go upstairs and ask her.”

So the black knight on the black horse goes upstairs and knocks on the princess’s door and she calls out, “Who goes there?” He replies, “I am the black knight on the black horse, will you marry me?” and she said, “No.”

After all that, you'd expect that the very least consolation prize would be the spot in the LCB free monthly case break, but since the black knight on the black horse can't make it, I will accept the prize in his stead!

I think that I should be considered because of my love for baseball as well as collecting. I played baseball and football throughout my entire childhood, and loved both sports. Football is about three quarters insane, which is why I playes for so long. It was always such a great feeling the first time in a game that some one hit you very hard, it was like a wake up call that the game had truly begun. Then to go lay that same person out just before helping them to there feet and watching them stumble back to the huddle.

All of that said, I still love baseball the most. To this day I get chills every time that I walk into a ballpark. I attend about 15-20 minor league games each year and the feeling never seems to go away. Then when I make it up to Cincinnati to watch my Reds play, the feeling is absolutely overwhelming. The first game that I ever saw was when my dad took me to see the Big Red Machine in 1978, George Foster hit a walk off 3 run homerun, so when I go to watch them play that thought still mesmorizes me.

I stopped collecting for several years and lost all the cards that I had as a kid, pretty upsetting because I had over 50,000 cards from 1960-1985, including the complete sets of 1975 and 1978 Topps. I began collecting again about 3 years ago now. The hobby has changed tremendously, but I still love to look at each card and read the back for more information my favorite players.

I think that I should be considered as I joined TCZ when it is really just getting started and have been an active member evry since, taking part in as much as time will allow me. I love the site and will always be here to talk about the hobby, and I will also post anything that I get from the break and use it to get the word out there to continue to grow the site.

I cannot say that I am more deserving than anyone else that enters this contest, but I can give some reasons why it would be awesome if you picked me for the spot in the free case break.

I have been a fan of baseball all of my life, playing tee-ball and coach-pitch, until I quit playing the game due to my dislike of the favoritism shown by the coach for certain players. Quitting baseball was probably one of the worst mistakes that I have ever made, but I have never lost the love for the game and it has in fact, gotten stronger as I have grown older. I didn't start collecting baseball cards until the end of the 2004 season when I watched the Boston Red Sox come back from a 3-0 deficit to defeat the New York Yankees in the playoffs. I started collecting the Yankees shortly after. I would have to say my reasoning behind choosing the Yankees would be because that was my brothers favorite team, and I idolized my brother, which I still do today. Even though my brother is 13 years older than I am, baseball and baseball cards have always been something that we can bond over. He took me to my first baseball game and we have been bustin wax since 2004. I mainly buy retail blasters with the occasional low-end box, but it would be awesome to be included in this break and to get a taste of the high-end that I can share with my brother and everyone here on this wonderful forum. Thank you for this opportunity.

Oh geez i didn't know there would be an essay question on this pop-quiz.

Lets see I should get the free spot because...I am a decent guy and have been very generous to other collectors in the past. I have had several contests over at TCC and about a month ago I had a Random Act Of Cardness Contest over at my blog where the only requirement was to post a comment on the post with your favorite baseball or football team. No reason at all I just gave away free cards. I felt so generous that I picked 2 extra winners for the contest so I gave 3 other collectors a bunch of free cards for their PC. All three have their own blog and they sometimes have contests and giveaways as well. Two of the bloggers made a post of their winnings and were pleased with what I sent. I don't think they expect as much as I sent or that I would send some vintage.

I guess that is about it then. Thanks for the contest.

I think i should be chose for the Tier one case break because i am a huge baseball collector and it is really the only thing i buy.I have been collecting cards for almost ten years now and i love it and its the only thing i really think about. Last time I busted a hobby box was my birthday in April. I hardly ever get to bust hobby due to not having a hobby shop near me (closest is 6 hours away). Thank you for the opportunity to get in this case break LiveCaseBreak

Some good entries so far. This one will definitely be a tough call. Remember, today is the day of the break! A winner will be chosen in under 12 hours!

I think I should get this because I'm the new guy. I haven't collected cards since I was a kid but when I discovered how much great activity and interaction was available online I was hooked again immediately. I have bought into several case breaks on LCB but have yet to get a big hit. I have been skunked 3 times in a row when buying in on the raffle so I need a slump buster. I need to get a great hit to keep my collecting momentum going. I figure it wouldn't take alot to qualify as a great hit if I got in the break for free. Besides I'm a great guy too lol. and as a major Reds fan we just lost Joey Votto for a month so I should get a little sympathy for that too. So vote for me vote for me. Trading Card Zone rocks so even if I don't win it's great that I found this site too.

Thanks to everyone who entered. There were several entries here that could have been winners but, unfortunately, everyone can't win. That said, I'd like to be the first to say congratulations to

franklinguy52

Your obvious love for the game of baseball, collecting, and especially the future of our hobby has payed off! You will be awarded with a FREE spot in a 6 box case break of 2011 Topps Tier One baseball, which will be busted live on LCB's BlogTV tonight at 8pm EST. Everyone feel free to stop by and watch the break, or just to chat.

Again, congratulations Troy!

For everyone who is planning on watching this break tonight, Troy has received the Atlanta Braves in the random team drawing in the free case break.

Thanks to everyone, I was actually at a baseball game when I found out, so I had to watch when I got Home. At the game, Denny McClain was signing for free, so I was able to get a couple of autos. Then I gat home and watched the break and found that I got a Jordan Shaeffer auto and a Brandon Beachy auto! Great day for my collection, I will post as soon as recieve the cards!

Thanks again!

Back