Basketball LeBron James opts out of contract

natehaselby02

Rookie
Transactions: 13
Anybody have any thoughts on this? Did you think it was going to happen? Do you think he'll be back with the Heat next year or with a new team?

I thought that after Carmello opted out that LeBron might do something. Pretty sure that we will see the two of them on the same team next year.

I agree. For some reason I think it will work with those two. LeBron has gotten better with relying more on his teammates to win so he may give the ball up to Carmelo because Carmelo isn't one to give up the ball much.

i don't think its a big deal at all, but I am a conspiracy type...

by freeing LeBron up, it will change draft dynamics of other teams, also hurts Kevin Love's trade stock...

I will lose what little respect I have for LeBron if he goes chasing a championship elsewhere with a 'dynamic duo' or whatever like his threesome that only worked 2 of the 4 years he was there...I am old school in liking a guy that sticks with a team and a team that builds from the draft...I get that there is some movement needed because of the 'draft by the best available' and you might already have 2 great guards and need a big man, and their is no reason to 'reach' at pick say 3 for a BIG that wont come off most boards until 10...

look at the Bulls core from their 3 peats...

Jordan, Pippen, Grant all built in the draft

look at the Spurs

Robinson, Duncan, Parker all from the draft

now look at the Heat

Wade and the guard they got out of Cleveland State or whatever a couple years ago...

Celtics of the 80's

Bird and Ainge through the draft and I think McHale and Parrish as well, but im not a basketball guy...

for baseball, how many people are fans of the Yankees?...all their championships from 93 on, and the only 'drafted' or guys who they had 'before' they were stars, Bernie Williams, Derek Jeter, and Mariano Rivera, maybe Jorge Posada, but the majority of the guys were big dollar free agents...what pitchers have the Yankees developed?

If you really look at the Yankees they won more when they used their farm system and used free agency to plug a few positions, when they started going nuts and spending $200 million+ they won much less.

I'm on the fence here. I believe Lebron is the kind of guy who doesn't like people saying the only reason he has his 2 rings is because they were bought. I don't believe he likes people saying there's no way he could've done it without Wade and Bosh. For those reasons, I don't see him sticking around in Miami. He'll try to get away from Wade and Bosh, and likely won't want to team up with another threesome. I could definitely see him going to play in New York, because he has to play for a big market team, but I don't see him teaming up with Carmelo.

So, yeah, I say Carmelo goes somewhere else and Lebron takes his place as the next big thing in New York.

I should also mention, though, that no matter where he goes I hope he never even makes the playoffs again. :)

Still not welcome back in Cleveland.

I heard reports that he could end up back there. Is your thinking in line with that of most of Cleveland's faithful? I figured some might welcome him back with open arms.

Also, I wonder why nobody has brought up the possibility of him ending up in LA with Kobe. They'll definitely be looking at the free agent market.

I have heard those reports also linking him and the Cavs and the Lakers. I don't think I could imagine him and Kobe playing together. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up back in Miami though. I heard that if Wade and Bosh also opt out then the Heat will have over $50 million in cap space which is supposed to be some type of record for cal space if it does happen. So with that type of money, it could attract other players to try to lure LeBron back to Miami.

Back