Kobe Bryant officially wants out of LA

oregonweim

Bench Warmer
Heard part of his interview with that jackass Stephen a Smith. Feels like the Lakers threw him under the bus (in regards to Shaq leaving) and did not honor their promises to rebuild around him. According to what I heard he has two years left on his deal... Funny, but considering he was an ass out of high school refusing to go anywhere but LA (ok, well he didn't want to go to Charlotte) he got what he deserved :D :salut:

Heard part of his interview with that jackass Stephen a Smith. Feels like the Lakers threw him under the bus (in regards to Shaq leaving) and did not honor their promises to rebuild around him. According to what I heard he has two years left on his deal... Funny, but considering he was an ass out of high school refusing to go anywhere but LA (ok, well he didn't want to go to Charlotte) he got what he deserved :D :salut:

He also said later (I think on 710 AM in LA) that he wants to stay in LA, so who knows.

EDIT: Oh crap...that was from Tuesday. I didn't realize he said the trade thing today!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kobe's not going anywhere. Many guys request trades and never get traded.

Bryant is a draw for the LA fans. If you trade Kobe, you lose your main draw (unless he's traded for LeBron James, which would never happen).

Kobe will likely retire a Laker.

The Lakers need to do anything they can to get Kevin Garnett, as he would make the Lakers championship contenders immediately.

Kobe's not going anywhere. Many guys request trades and never get traded.

Bryant is a draw for the LA fans. If you trade Kobe, you lose your main draw (unless he's traded for LeBron James, which would never happen).

Kobe will likely retire a Laker.

The Lakers need to do anything they can to get Kevin Garnett, as he would make the Lakers championship contenders immediately.

Never say never because you never know.

The Lakers would be absolutely foolish to trade Kobe. There isn't one single player worth Kobe in this league. Jerry Buss isn't going to let Kobe be traded, no matter what he gets in return.

Plus, the price for other teams would be too much.

Kobe will be a Laker until after the 2008-09 season (he can opt out after that season) and will likely retire a Laker.

I would pay for someone to throw him under a bus.

No, I mean it. Throw him under a bus!:eek:

Listening to the interview...

Stephen A. Smith asks "Would you like to be traded?"

Kobe: Yes, I would like to be traded.

Stephen : I will ask you one more time "Is there anything the Lakers could do to keep you on the Lakers?"

Kobe: Nah bro.

I heard a rumor down here in Dallas, on the radio, that it could be Kobe for Dirk. They are also saying it on 1st and 10 as I speak.

Plus, Smith asked him if there is any place he would prefer to go, he said not really. I would play in Pluto?

I don't know what to think, Kobe has a "world revolves around me" attitude. Probably wouldn't go to well.

Another rumor was Portland 1st overall for Kobe.

The Lakers would be absolutely foolish to trade Kobe. There isn't one single player worth Kobe in this league. Jerry Buss isn't going to let Kobe be traded, no matter what he gets in return.

Plus, the price for other teams would be too much.

Kobe will be a Laker until after the 2008-09 season (he can opt out after that season) and will likely retire a Laker.

I would definatly disagree. LeBron is, i'm sure, worth more than Kobe. Maybe even Oden in a year or 2.

Back