Just got back from the Rickwood Classic

jaymix79

Bench Warmer
Took the day off work to hang out with pops and his friend. We got the chance to go to the Rickwood Classic. The Barons play there once a year. It is the oldest ballpark in America. Fun time the Barons beat the Jax Suns 3-2. Here is some pics enjoy any questions please ask.
Thanks
Jason

rwone.jpg

rwtwo.jpg

rwthree.jpg

rwnine.jpg

rwfive.jpg

rweight.jpg

rwten.jpg

rwsix.jpg

rwseven.jpg

rwtwelve.jpg

Donny Lucy

rwthirteen.jpg

Pic of Gio. I forgot to turn the camera to sport:eek:

rwfourteen.jpg

Took a pic of this for Kenny! I think the bid got up to around $100 or so. If it was an authentic jersey I would have probally put a bid on it.

Thanks for looking
Jason

wow, that is really awesome!

Our semi-pro team got a chance to play at Kezar stadium last year (home to the niners back in the day) and walking down the tunnel all I could think about was how many greats walked down this tunnel over the years? Really cool when ya think about it.:)

The field opened in 1910. It used to be the field the Birmingham Barons played on and also the Birmingham Black Barons (Negro Leage team) used it has there home field. Players like Ty Cobb, Christy Matthewson, Shoeless Joe Jackson, Dizzy Dean, Babe Ruth and Honus Wagner have played at Rickwood Field.

The field opened in 1910. It used to be the field the Birmingham Barons played on and also the Birmingham Black Barons (Negro Leage team) used it has there home field. Players like Ty Cobb, Christy Matthewson, Shoeless Joe Jackson, Dizzy Dean, Babe Ruth and Honus Wagner have played at Rickwood Field.

DAMN! That's awesome!

i hope to start taking in minor league games again next summer once ive got some friends in that area to go to games with and all...i went lots back in the day and they were always a blast, way better than any MLB game i ever went to

i hope to start taking in minor league games again next summer once ive got some friends in that area to go to games with and all...i went lots back in the day and they were always a blast, way better than any MLB game i ever went to

You are correct about that. I went to a Red's game on Sat and it was ok but I would rather be at a Minor League game any day. I love the feeling and players are easier to get to and get auto's. I love it!

Back